VILLAGE at BEARS PAW Information
Village Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
VILLAGE at BEARS PAW Photos BEARS PAW Photos
Built in the late 1980s, Village at Bears Paw is located approximately 1-mile east of the shopping and restaurants at the Coastland Shopping Center and approximately 2-miles east of Lowdermilk Park Beach. Village is a non-gated community within Bears Paw comprised of luxury estates on 2-cul-de-sacs with attached garages, pavered driveways, private pools, underground utilities, concrete block construction, screened patios, Spanish tile roofs with golf course views and lake views.
- Various memberships are available to Bears Paw's country club, golf, tennis, dining, and other amenities.
- 15-single family homes
- Concrete block construction
- Screened patios
- Underground utilities
- Granite countertops
- Spacious bathrooms
- Crown Molding
- Tray ceilings
|Amenities and Features|
- Lush Landscaping
- Golf Course Views
- Owners are allowed to keep a reasonable amount of small domesticated pets including birds, fish, cats and dogs.
- Each pet owner shall be responsible for the immediate removal and disposal of their pet's excrement.
- No reptiles, monkeys, amphibians or poultry may be kept in the unit.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
|Leasing / Rental Restrictions|
- All leases must be approved by the Associations Board of Directors or its designee.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
- There is no age restriction for occupants of units.
- Minors under the age of 18 shall be closely supervised at all times by an adult.
- Guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is present).
- Family and Non-family guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is not present).
- There are restrictions as to the number of guests allowed to occupy the unit.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
|What is an Estate Home?|
Estate Homes are similarly defined throughout the country as a customized estate with a large amount of square footage, custom master suites, a large number of bedrooms and bathrooms, multiple garage bays with pools and spas on a premium piece of property.
What is a Deed Restricted Community?
When one owns a home in a neighborhood or community that is in a "deed restricted area"; this means that there are bylaws governing the neighborhood or community which prohibit the homeowners from doing certain things to the detriment of the neighborhood or community. For example, some neighborhoods or communities require you to contact them prior to changing the exterior color of your home or restrict overnight parking on the street. Each community is different and each Home Owners Association (HOA) has different rules. The premise is to maintain the aesthetic appearance and value of your home and the other homes in the HOA. There is usually a fee required that is payable to the HOA for the maintenance of the common grounds, including amenities if applicable.
What are the Benefits of a Spanish Tile Roof?
One of the advantages of a Spanish Tile roof is that due to its absorbent properties it keeps the temperatures in the home warm during the winter and cool during the summer. Another benefit is that Spanish Tile Roofs are fire-resistant and require very little maintenance. The lifetime of a Spanish Tile roof can last over 50-years.
BEARS PAW Information
Built in the early 1980s, Bear's Paw is located approximately 2-miles east of the shopping and restaurants at the Coastland Shopping Center and approximately 3-miles east of Lowdermilk Park Beach. Driving to Bears Paw from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 35-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 95-minutes using "Alligator Alley". Bears Paw is a 24-hour guard gated community. Comprised of several neighborhoods, Bears Paw has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. There are four sub-communities, each with their own pool and cabana. Bears Paw has amenities such as Golf, Fitness Center, Dining, Tennis and a Country Club. Please see below for further information and links to Bears Paw and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- There are 297-residences comprised of single-family homes, condominiums and villas.
- Bear's Paw sits atop 245-acres of land and is set amid multiple lakes and rivers. The Bear's Paw Marina has boat storage and access to the Gulf of Mexico.
- There is no Clubhouse Pool but each sub-community has its own community pool (5-pools).
- Underground Utilities
- Low Density Area
- The community pools have spacious sundecks with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- The Bear's Paw Clubhouse is a central meeting place that includes Golf Pro Shop, Fitness Center, Dinning, Club Events and Meetings.
- The Bear's Paw Country Club has a main dining room that is perfect for special occasions, visiting friends or family, and hosts many of the dinners for the annual golf tournaments and events. The dinner menu boosts elegant fare in a casually-sophisticated adult ambiance.
- The Nicklaus Grille Room & Bar provides a gathering place after a game of golf for a light lunch or a group dinner after a Twilight Golf event. The menu changes regularly, providing new selections for everyone. The bar overlooks the Signature Jack Nicklaus Golf Course and provides a diverse selection of beer, wine and spirits. Special events and buffet nights provide opportunities to enjoy some homemade favorites.
- Built in 1980, Jack Nicklaus chose Bear's Paw as his first Signature Course in Florida. Bear Paw has an 18-hole Championship Course that is a "must-play" for any avid golfer. Bear's Paw prides itself on having a small amount of exclusive members (297), so you will never have a tee time problem. There is a driving range, practice green and PGA accredited staff/pro to help with swing instruction and course management. The Pro Shop offers the latest in Golf Apparel and accessories, hosts demo events, club fitting, re-gripping, spike replacement plus a summer reciprocal program.
- Bear's Paw has four Har-Tru tennis courts with plenty of tennis activity for players of all skill levels.
- Accredited Tennis Pros and the use the automatic tennis ball machine are available to help improve your skills.
- There is no pool at the main clubhouse but each sub-community has its own pool and cabana.
- The Fitness Center is located in the main clubhouse.
- The Fitness center has state-of-the-art fitness equipment, including cardiovascular, strength machines, free weights and a designated stretching area.
- Yoga and Pilates classes are held in the spacious group exercise studio.
- Bear's Paw Country Club has a Members Only marina that is situated along the Gordon River, providing access to the Gulf of Mexico. Boats may be secured in a boat slip or kept on a lift along the marina waterfront. The use of single and double kayaks are available for members and their guests. Note: The Bear's Paw Country Club has plans for a future expansion of their private marina.
- Bear's Paw has a wide variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Annual Balls and Holiday Events
- Community BBQ's
- Beach Events
- Cocktail Parties
- Field Trips
- Mah Jongg
- Lowdermilk Beach Park is just 3-miles away and has approximately 125 parking spaces available. Some of the parking spots require a Beach Parking permit, while the remaining spots are metered. The beach park offers 1,000 feet of beachfront plus beach volleyball courts, gazebo and duck pond. There are restrooms available at the beach, as well as outdoor showers, and a handicapped beach wheelchair ramp.
- Golf Memberships are required with the purchase of a residence ("Bundled"). Non-resident Social Memberships are also available, providing limited access to the Golf Course & Amenities.
- For more detailed membership information, please click here: Bears Paw Membership Website.
|What is a Bundled Golf Community?|
In a Bundled Golf Community each resident financially supports the community golf courses maintenance and operations. When you purchase a home in a Bundled Golf Community, the cost of course membership is included (bundled together). If you are an avid golfer, the benefit of Bundled Golf is an affordable golf membership. There are no initiation fees since every homeowner in the community is paying for the course and the fees are more spread out. The downside of bundled golf is that if you do not play golf you are subsidizing a course that you are not using. There may also be a "Transfer Fee" when exchanging ownership. That being said there are often other amenities at the course such as clubhouse, pool and tennis that you may enjoy. One other bonus of bundled golf is that your bundled golf membership can be transferred to seasonal renters of your condo, villa or single family home.
What is a Villa?
Real Estate agents in Southwest Florida use the word VILLA to describe luxury residences that are either rented or bought as a seasonal vacation homes or permanent residences. A villa is a privately owned unit that is unattached, semi-attached or attached to other villas with no occupants above or below (only shared walls if attached). Villas commonly have balconies or terraces with fine interior furnishings and appliances. Each villa owner pays monthly into an HOA (Home Owners Association) and in turn the HOA maintains the common areas such as the gardens, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking, etc.
What is a Boat Slip Lease?
A Boat Slip Lease means that a boat slip can be leased from the Home Owners Association of a property but most often a lease must be made by a property owner from within the building our community. Besides having a place to dock your boat a leased boat slip can increase the value of your property as well as attract more renters if your HOA approves units to be leased. Maintenance is usually handled by the HOA (Home Owners Association), but maintenance conditions may vary.
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
VILLAGE at BEARS PAW Documents
BEARS PAW Documents
Communities within BEARS PAW
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email