CARLTON LAKES Photos
Single Family Homes Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
CARLTON LAKES Information
Built in the late 1990s, Carlton Lakes is located approximately 4-miles northeast of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center and a similar distance east of Delnor-Wiggins Preserve and Beach. Driving to Carlton Lakes from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 30-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 95-minutes using "Alligator Alley". Carlton Lakes is a 24-hour guard gated community. Comprised of nine sub-communities, Carlton Lakes has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. Each sub-community has their own community pool and cabana with a total of ten swimming pools in the community. Carlton Lakes has amenities such as Tennis, Pool, Fitness Center, Bocce Ball, Walking Paths and a Clubhouse. Please see below for further information and links to Carlton Lakes and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Carlton Lakes sits atop 245-acres of land and is set amid 40-acres of preserves, 50-acres of stocked lakes and 6 miles of shoreline.
- Single Family Homes
- Attached Villas
- Coach Homes
- There is no golf or dining at Carlton Lakes.
- Active community with plenty of amenities and social events.
- Miles of sidewalks and walking paths.
- 2-gated entries with guard and key pass entry and metal swing gate
- 30-lighted fountains
- Individual lawns watered from a community well versus a municipal water source
- All homes are concrete block construction and have underground utilities
- The main club house was remodeled in 2011
- The main pool and community pools have spacious sundecks with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- The Carlton Lakes Clubhouse is the central meeting place for many social events and club meetings. The clubhouse includes an exercise center, event kitchen and pool.
- 4,600 square foot Clubhouse with long lap pool, lighted tennis courts, barbecue areas and fishing pier,
- No matter where you live in Carlton Lakes, you are within blocks of a great restaurant. Four and five diamond rated restaurants are on the main streets and casual fare surrounds Carlton Lakes neighborhoods.
- Carlton Lakes has four Har-Tru tennis courts with plenty of tennis activity for players of all skill levels.
- The tennis courts are lit for evening play.
- Pool has lanes designated for swimming laps.
- Shallow area for children's play.
- Pool is geo-termal heated.
- Pool has lounge chairs and tables.
- Pool restrooms and drinking fountain.
- Pavered pool deck
- Pool s lakeside.
- Spa Area
- Each sub-community has their own pool and some have a clubhouse as well.
- The Fitness Center is located in the main clubhouse and has about 12-pieces of equipment.
- The Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park is only 4-miles away. The beach park is 166-acres in size and has a 1-mile long beach. There are restrooms and showers at the beach plus food concessions and equipment rental (kayaks, paddleboards, scuba, beach chairs and umbrellas). There are 5-parking lots connected by trails and boardwalks. There is a boat ramp that feeds into Turkey Bay, which is where the Cocohatchee River meets the Gulf of Mexico. The docks at the boat ramp are disability accessible.
|Amenities & Activities|
- Carlton Lakes has a wide variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Bocce Ball
- Children's Play Area
- Field Trips
- Community BBQ's
- Cocktail Parties
|What is a Villa?|
Real Estate agents in Southwest Florida use the word VILLA to describe luxury residences that are either rented or bought as a seasonal vacation homes or permanent residences. A villa is a privately owned unit that is unattached, semi-attached or attached to other villas with no occupants above or below (only shared walls if attached). Villas commonly have balconies or terraces with fine interior furnishings and appliances. Each villa owner pays monthly into an HOA (Home Owners Association) and in turn the HOA maintains the common areas such as the gardens, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking, etc.
What is a Coach Home?
The term Coach Home is a builders term from the Midwest used to describe a specifically shaped 4-unit, 2-story building with the garages placed in front of the living area. This 4-unit design creates a horseshoe shaped structure when viewing from above. Coach Homes vary in size and units but in Southwest Florida the standard Coach Home has four units (2-downstairs and 2-upstairs). Each unit has a two car garage (sometimes 1-car) and the second floor units either have an elevator or a side entrance. There is such a thing as a 6-unit Coach Home or a 8-unit and even a 10-unit Coach Home. It's just that the 4-unit Coach Homes are more prevalent. All Coach Homes have a patio lanai for the lower units and a balcony lanai for the second floor units.
What is Concrete Block Construction?
Concrete Block Construction which is also referred to as a CMU (concrete masonry unit) have great qualities for homes built in southwest Florida. Concrete blocks are unaffected by termites and are very sturdy during hurricane season. Concrete Blocks are fireproof and have great insulation qualities that help save energy. Also, concrete blocks do not degrade in the harsh Florida sun. Most concrete blocks measure 16x8x8, are lightweight and considered to be very durable; especially when they are filled with poured concrete and reinforced with steel rods.
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
CARLTON LAKES Documents
Communities within CARLTON LAKES
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email