CEDAR HAMMOCK Information
Cedar Hammock Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
CEDAR HAMMOCK Photos
Built in the early 2000s, Cedar Hammock is located approximately 6-miles southeast of the shopping and restaurants at the 5th Avenue shops in Olde Naples and approximately 9-miles north of Marco Island. Driving to Cedar Hammock from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 30-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 90-minutes using "Alligator Alley". Cedar Hammock is a 24-hour guard gated community. Comprised of seven neighborhoods, Cedar Hammock has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. There are two neighborhoods with their own pool(s) and cabana. Cedar Hammock has amenities such as Golf, Tennis, Pool, Fitness Center, Dining and a Country Club. Please see below for further information on the neighborhoods of Cedar Hammock and links to Cedar Hammocks website.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Cedar Hammock sits atop 400-acres of land and is set amid multiple lakes.
- Single Family Homes
- Attached Villas
- Buttonwood Way: Attached villas with 2-car garages and tile roofs, no neighborhood community pool. 2-story condos with detached 1-car garages
- Wax Myrtle Run: Non-gated community of single family homes, tile roofs and 2-car garages.
- Cordgrass Way: Non-gated community consisting of attached villas, tile roofs with 2-car garages.
- Verandas: Non-gated community with 2-story condos with tile roofs and 1-car garages.
- Terraces: Non gated 4-story condominiums with tile roofs and carports.
- Cedar Hammock Isles: Non gated neighborhood comprised of condominiums.
- Cedar Hammock is a Bundled Golf Community (the cost of course membership is included in the purchase of the home which is "bundled" together).
- Active community with plenty of amenities and social events.
- Miles of sidewalks and walking paths.
- Underground Utilities
- The main pool has a spacious sundeck with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- The Cedar Hammock Clubhouse is the central meeting place that includes Golf Pro Shop, Tennis Pro Shop, Fitness Center, Dining, Event Kitchen, Pool, Club Events and Meetings.
- The 25,000 square-foot Clubhouse building overlooks a lake, driving range, preserve and pool. The Clubhouse underwent a expansion project over the summer of 2011 adding a more room for the grill as well as the addition of patio seating. The main dining room also went through some refurbishing of its own with new furnishings and art.
- The Club's Dress Code applies to all areas of the Clubhouse. Denim, swim attire, cut-offs, flip flops, tee shirts, tank tops and gym attire are not allowed in the clubhouse. Gentleman must wear shirts with collars or logo mock turtle necks. Gentleman are requested to wear trousers during the dinner hours. Gentleman must remove their caps.
- The Cedar Hammock Club has a main dining room for members and guests of members. The dinner menu is often updated with the latest fare. The main dining room is also used for special events such as holiday gatherings, parties, annual golf tournaments and events.
- The Cedar Hammock Grill provides a gathering place for mid-day sandwiches and after game drinks. The menu changes regularly, providing seasonal variations. The bar overlooks the golf course and provides a diverse selection of beer, wine and spirits.
- There is a driving range, practice green and PGA accredited staff/pro to help with swing instruction and golf course management.
- The Pro Shop offers the latest in Golf Apparel and accessories, hosts demo events, club fitting, re-gripping, spike replacement plus a summer reciprocal program.
- Cedar Hammock is a 6834 yard, Par 72 course that was designed by Jed Azinger and Gordon Lewis. The golf course lies within a community of homes where more than 50% of the site has been dedicated to lakes, wetlands and wildlife corridors.
- There are five sets of tees to accommodate golfers of all skill levels.
- Cedar Hammock Golf & Country Club is a "bundled golf community" in which each owner becomes a member of the club with the purchase of their property. There are no other categories of membership offered.
- Cedar Hammock has four Har-Tru tennis courts with plenty of tennis activity for players of all skill levels.
- Accredited Tennis Pros and the use of the automatic tennis ball machine are available to help improve your skills.
- All Tennis Clinics and play are complimentary to Cedar Hammock Members and Renters who have current membership transfer privileges.
- The tennis courts are lit for evening play.
- The Fitness Center is located in the main clubhouse with accredited trainers for one-on-one instruction.
- The Fitness Center has state-of-the-art fitness equipment, including cardiovascular, strength machines, free weights and a designated stretching area.
|Amenities & Activities|
- Cedar Hammock has a wide variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Annual Balls and Holiday Events
- Cocktail Parties
- Community BBQ's
- Field Trips
- Movie Nights
- Golf Memberships come with the purchase of a residence ("Bundled"). The public is invited to play the golf course from May 1-December 31.
|Verandas V and Terraces Property Management|
American Property Management
8825 Tamiami Trail E, Naples FL 34113
Ph: (239) 774-0105 Fax: (239) 774-0112
Newell Property Management
5435 Jaeger Road #4
Naples, Florida 34109
|What is a Bundled Golf Community?|
In a Bundled Golf Community each resident financially supports the community golf courses maintenance and operations. When you purchase a home in a Bundled Golf Community, the cost of course membership is included (bundled together). If you are an avid golfer, the benefit of Bundled Golf is an affordable golf membership. There are no initiation fees since every homeowner in the community is paying for the course and the fees are more spread out. The downside of bundled golf is that if you do not play golf you are subsidizing a course that you are not using. There may also be a "Transfer Fee" when exchanging ownership. That being said there are often other amenities at the course such as clubhouse, pool and tennis that you may enjoy. One other bonus of bundled golf is that your bundled golf membership can be transferred to seasonal renters of your condo, villa or single family home.
What is a Villa?
Real Estate agents in Southwest Florida use the word VILLA to describe luxury residences that are either rented or bought as a seasonal vacation homes or permanent residences. A villa is a privately owned unit that is unattached, semi-attached or attached to other villas with no occupants above or below (only shared walls if attached). Villas commonly have balconies or terraces with fine interior furnishings and appliances. Each villa owner pays monthly into an HOA (Home Owners Association) and in turn the HOA maintains the common areas such as the gardens, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking, etc.
What is the Difference between an Apartment and a Condominium?
Condominiums are usually attached to one another similar to apartment units. The difference between an apartment and a condominium is that a condominium owner owns the unit and shares ownership of common areas with other condominium owners such as the clubhouse, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking lots, etc. Apartments on the other hand are not for sale; one must pay monthly rent to the landlord aka owner of the apartment building. As a condominium owner, you are a member of an HOA (Homeowners Association) and pay a monthly fee to the association in exchange for maintenance of the common areas.
What is a Single Family Home?
Unlike an Apartment, Condo or Townhome, a Single Family Home does not share a common wall with another home and are most commonly free-standing residential buildings. A Single Family Home is often occupied by one family. There are instances when a basement or mother-in-law suite may be rented in a Single Family Home, but that is not enough to change the homes classification to a Multi-Family Home. Lots (yards) are often larger than the structure which is owned by the homeowner and is the responsibility of the homeowner to maintain unless there is an HOA (Homeowners Associations) responsible for upkeep.
What is Considered to be a Low-Rise Building in Southwest Florida?
A low rise building in Southwest Florida is considered to be between 1 - 3 stories and does not usually exceed 40 feet in height. A low-rise building may contain condominiums, villas, co-ops, townhomes and even coach homes. A low-rise building sometimes offers more privacy but may have fewer amenities. Parking for low-rise buildings is more commonly uncovered or uses carports that are detached from the building although with newer construction there are many exceptions.
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
CEDAR HAMMOCK Documents
Communities within CEDAR HAMMOCK
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email