EDGEWOOD COTTAGES at WYNDEMERE Information
Edgewood Cottages Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
EDGEWOOD COTTAGES at WYNDEMERE Photos WYNDEMERE Photos
Built in the late 1990s, Edgewood Cottages at Wyndemere is located approximately 4-miles east of the shopping and restaurants at the Coastland Shopping Center and approximately 5-miles east of Lowdermilk Park Beach. Edgewood Cottages is a non-gated community within Wyndemere comprised of single family homes with attached garages, pavered driveways, privates pools, tile roofs and golf course views.
- The residents of Edgewood Cottages have access to Wyndemere's country club, golf, dinning, tennis, pool and other amenities.
- The Edgewood HOA Fees Cover: Lawn maintenance & mulch + management fee.
|Amenities and Features|
- Lush Landscaping
- Each home has a private pool
- Each home has an east/west view
- There are restrictions as to the number of guests whether related or unrelated to the owner, who may occupy the unit.
- Family Guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is not present).
- Non Family Guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is not present).
- See Use Restrictions for details.
|What is a Single Family Home?|
Unlike an Apartment, Condo or Townhome, a Single Family Home does not share a common wall with another home and are most commonly free-standing residential buildings. A Single Family Home is often occupied by one family. There are instances when a basement or mother-in-law suite may be rented in a Single Family Home, but that is not enough to change the homes classification to a Multi-Family Home. Lots (yards) are often larger than the structure which is owned by the homeowner and is the responsibility of the homeowner to maintain unless there is an HOA (Homeowners Associations) responsible for upkeep.
What are the Benefits of a Tile Roof?
One of the advantages of a Tile roof is that due to its absorbent properties it keeps the temperatures in the home warm during the winter and cool during the summer. Another benefit is that Tile Roofs are fire-resistant and require very little maintenance. The lifetime of a Tile roof can last over 50-years.
What is a Pavered Walkway or Driveway?
Concrete pavers are basically fancy bricks that are manufactured in mass to create stronger driveways and walkways than standard poured concrete. Concrete pavers are popular for luxury residences in Southwest Florida because they are available in a variety of shapes and styles giving the homeowner plenty of choices to create a unique driveway or walkway that complements their home and landscaping. Pavers are also practical for pool surroundings, patios and walkways because they drain efficiently during summer storms and remain tacky for good footing in wet weather. Another paver benefit: If a paver gets cracked or damaged, individual pavers can be removed and replaced.
Built in the early 1980s through late 1990s, Wyndemere is located approximately 4-miles southeast of the shopping and restaurants at the Waterside Shops and approximately 5-miles southeast of Clam Pass Beach. Driving to Wyndemere from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 30-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 95-minutes using "Alligator Alley". Wyndemere is a 24-hour guard gated community with pass key gated entrance and metal swing gate for owners and members. Comprised of 16 sub-communities, Wyndemere has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. There are multiple sub-communities with their own pool and cabana. All communities have use of Wyndemere's community pool and clubhouse. Wyndemere has amenities such as Golf, Tennis, Pool, Fitness Center, Dining and a Clubhouse. Please see below for further information and links to Wyndemere and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Wyndemere sits atop hundreds of acres of land and is set amid approximately 20-small lakes.
- There are a total of 16 sub-communities in Wyndemere.
- There are a total of 634 units in Wyndemere.
- Wyndemere consists of various Single Family Homes, Attached Villas and Condominiums.
- All residents of Wyndemere are either golf or social members. Wyndemere offers many forms of membership that may be acquired.
- Active community with plenty of amenities and social events.
- Sidewalks, bicycling and walking paths
- Underground Utilities
- Highly regarded private and public schools nearby.
- The main pool has a spacious sundeck with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- A $10 million dollar renovation of the clubhouse was completed (2012).
- The resort-styled, heated, infinity pool has 75-foot lap lanes and spacious sundecks with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- The 51,600 square foot Wyndemere Clubhouse is a central meeting place that includes Golf Pro Shop, Fitness Center, Dining, Banquet Facilities, Pool, Club Events and Meetings.
- The Club's Dress Code applies to all areas of the Clubhouse. Swim attire, cut-offs, flip flops and shirts without a collar are not allowed in the Wyndemere's clubhouse. Gentleman must remove their caps.
- There is computer wi-fi access to the internet.
- The Wyndemere Club has a main dining room for members and guests of members. The dinner menu is often updated with the latest fare. The main dining room is also used for special events such as holiday gatherings, parties, annual golf tournaments and events.
- The Wyndemere Grill provides a gathering place for mid-day sandwiches and after game drinks. The menu changes regularly, providing seasonal variations. The bar overlooks the golf course and provides a diverse selection of beer, wine and spirits.
- The Wyndemere Grill and Lounge has indoor seating and outdoor terrace seating.
- The Lounge also has several state-of-the-art televisions for sports viewing and Wi-Fi internet.
- The Tiebreaker Cafe is located courtside and offers breakfast such as Huevos Rancheros, organic eggs, breakfast sandwiches, fresh squeezed juices and lattes. There are also lunch offerings such as Panini sandwiches and burgers. Additionally, there is soft serve yogurt for the youngsters and a full bar for adults. The Tiebreaker Cafe is open daily from 7:00am to 3:00pm.
- The 27-hole, Arthur Hills designed golf course provides a variety of competitive levels.
- The golf course is a par 72 and plays approximately 6,700 yards from the tips no matter the combination of courses you play.
- The Pro Shop offers the latest in Golf Apparel and accessories, hosts demo events, club fitting, re-gripping, spike replacement plus a summer reciprocal program.
- There are two driving ranges, practice greens and PGA accredited staff/pro to help with swing instruction and golf course management.
- There is a practice area consisting of large putting greens, chipping greens and practice bunkers.
- Non-resident memberships are available (limited to 50 members).
- Wyndemere has 12 Har-Tru tennis courts with plenty of tennis activity for players of all skill levels.
- Accredited Tennis Pros and the use of the automatic tennis ball machine(s) are available to help improve your skills.
- Four tennis courts are lit for evening play.
- The tennis courts have green windscreens to provide a solid background for optimum vision and playability.
- Grand Stand Seating right outside the Tiebreaker Cafe.
- There are Tennis Clinics, Mixers, Round Robins and Camps available during "season".
- Monthly social events, such as tennis themed gatherings and annual mens and ladies tennis tournaments provide an opportunity to make new tennis friends.
- Participate or watch the Wyndemere Challenge which is an annual event featuring top area tennis professionals in a prize-money doubles tournament, as well as a pro-am for the members.
- New geothermal heated infinity pool with three lap lanes and a pavered pool deck and spa.
- Shallow area for children's play.
- Pool has lounge chairs and tables.
- Pool restrooms, drinks and dining.
- Pool is lakeside.
- For the convenience of members and guests, your favorite lunch items, snacks and beverages can be delivered poolside at no additional charge.
- There is a geothermal heating system that keeps the water a constant 83 degrees, and a salt water purification system that reduces the chlorine.
- All sub-communities are allowed to use Wyndemere's community pool and clubhouse.
- The Fitness Center is located in the new 6,200 square foot, fully staffed, state-of-the-art fitness clubhouse with accredited trainers for one-on-one instruction.
- The Fitness Center is located near the tennis courts.
- The Fitness Center has state-of-the-art fitness equipment, including cardiovascular, strength machines, free weights and a designated stretching area.
- Within the facility are men's and women's locker rooms with showers.
- Yoga and Pilates classes are held in the spacious group exercise studio.
- Water aerobics classes take place in the main community pool.
- The Day Spa offers an array services to help achieve a balanced mind and body. Various styles of massages and facial treatments are available to members and their guests.
- Clam Pass Beach is just 5-miles away and has 182 parking spaces available. There is an $8.00 parking fee or a Beach Parking Permit is required. The Park consists of 35 acres of mangrove forest, coastal dunes and 3,200 feet of white sand beach along the Gulf of Mexico. There is a free beach shuttle that transports one from the parking lot over the 3/4 mile long boardwalk. There are restrooms at the beach plus food concessions and equipment rental (kayaks, paddleboards and beach chairs). Note: Clam Pass Beach was voted as one of the top 20 beaches in the United States, and is close to the Waldorf Astoria Beach Resort.
|Other Amenities & Activities|
- Wyndemere has a wide variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Annual Balls and Holiday Events
- Community BBQ's
- Cocktail Parties
- Painting: See "The Painters of Wyndemere" (POW).
- Model Sailing Club: See "The Yacht and Chowder Society".
- Social Clubs: See "The Girlfriends of Wyndemere".
- Movie Nights
- Wine Tastings
- Guest Speakers
- Knitting and Sewing
- Book Clubs
- Field Trips
- Whatever your interest, there are groups ready to welcome you.
- All residents of Wyndemere are either golf or social members. Wyndemere is a mandatory membership community which helps maintain a sound financial health to the club and provides a premier country club experience for all members to enjoy. There are a variety of membership programs available.
- Every category of membership entitles members to full use of the Clubhouse, Vista Club and Wyndemere Room dining, Tennis Courts, Resort-Style Pool, Tiebreaker Cafe dining, Fitness Center and Spa. Here are a few membership descriptions:
- The Residential Golf Membership is tailored for members who wish to have full use of the golf course twelve months of the year and receive priority tee times.
- The Limited Golf Membership is tailored for the less avid golfer with some limitations as to use of the golf course. The limitations are from November 1 through April 30, when tee times will only be available after 12:00 noon.
- The Social Membership is tailored for the tennis and fitness enthusiast and members who enjoy the country club lifestyle.
- There are various non-resident memberships with limited and restricted spots available.
- For more detailed membership information, please see below for membership information under "WYNDEMERE Documents".
Wyndemere Community Website
|What is an Equity Golf Community?|
Equity golf memberships are not included with the sale of the house in a community with a golf course. Although there are homes built on the course and there is a clubhouse and other amenities, membership can be purchased separate from the home purchase and club membership is not mandatory. Various memberships are often offered from dinning, fitness to full golf privileges. Residents who want to become members must pay an initiation fee along with annual dues associated with your membership. An Equity membership allows you to share ownership of the course (sort of like a partnership). Ownership could also mean that you and the other owners may be responsible for assessments that might arise if he club becomes financially needy. If you move or decide to leave the club, you may sell your ownership (equity) to somebody else (depending on the refund ability clauses within the club rules and contracts). You should always check the governing documents within the community for details before purchasing or selling a membership.
What is a Homeowner's Association (HOA)?
An organization in a subdivision, planned community or condominium complex that makes and enforces rules for the properties in its jurisdiction. HOAs also collect monthly or annual dues to pay for upkeep of common areas like parking lots, tennis courts, elevators and swimming pools and can levy special assessments on homeowners when the association lacks sufficient reserves to pay for planned and unexpected repairs.
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
Communities within WYNDEMERE
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email