Up to the last 5 Solds for Marquesa:
Click Here for More Marquesa Sales Information
MARQUESA at BAY COLONY
8990 BAY COLONY DR, #401 - Tax Record
MARQUESA at BAY COLONY
8990 BAY COLONY DR, #902 - Tax Record
MARQUESA at BAY COLONY
8990 BAY COLONY DR, #603 - Tax Record
MARQUESA at BAY COLONY
8990 BAY COLONY DR, #503 - Tax Record
MARQUESA at BAY COLONY
8990 BAY COLONY DR, #702 - Tax Record
MARQUESA at BAY COLONY Information
Marquesa Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
MARQUESA at BAY COLONY Photos BAY COLONY Photos
Built in the mid 1990s, Marquesa at Bay Colony is located approximately 200-yards southeast of the Ritz Carlton Vanderbilt Beach and approximately 1-mile west of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center. The Marquesa is a gated community within Bay Colony comprised of high-rise condominiums on a private circle drive with sub-building garages, pavered driveway, large community pool, hurricane windows, flat roof (modified bitumen roof) with preserve views and views overlooking Clam Bay. There is a secured front entry, fully equipped fitness center, heated pool, guest suite, two under-building parking spaces and an On-Site Manager.
- The residents of Marquesa have access to Bay Colony's country club, and other amenities.
- The Marquesa has 39-units
- High ceilings, crown molding and marble floors
- Granite countertops
- Spacious bathrooms
- Upgraded wood cabinetry
- Substantial area for poolside lounging
- The pool has good sun exposure
- Tray Ceilings
|Amenities and Features|
- Heated Pool
- Sundeck with pool furnishings and chairs
- Social Room
- BBQ Area
- Guest Suites
- On-site manager
- Each unit may keep 1 dog or 2 cats. Dogs may not be of a height higher than 15 inches from shoulder to foot.
- Cats must be kept within the confines of the unit.
- Each pet owner shall be responsible for the immediate removal and disposal of their pet's excrement.
- No reptiles, monkeys, amphibians or poultry may be kept in the unit.
- Leasing tenants and guests may not have pets.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
|Leasing / Rental Restrictions|
- A unit owner may lease their unit up to 1 time during any 1 calendar year.
- No lease shall be for a period of less than 90 days.
- No lease may be for a period of more than 1 year.
- The board may, in its discretion, approve the same lease from year to year.
- No subleasing or assignment of lease rights by the lessee is allowed.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
- There is no age restriction for occupants of units.
- Minors under the age of 18 shall be closely supervised at all times by an adult.
- Guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is present).
- Family and Non-family guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is not present).
- There are restrictions as to the number of guests allowed to occupy the unit.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
|What is Considered to be a High-Rise Building in Southwest Florida?|
A high-rise building in Southwest Florida is considered to be 8 or more stories. The city of Naples doesn't normally contain more than 22 stories or 265 feet in height (but there are exceptions). A high-rise building in Southwest Florida mainly contains condominiums and usually has more amenities than a mid-rise or a low-rise building because the space allows it and the clientele demands it. There is often a grand lobby, 24-hour security, pools, tennis and sub-building parking or a separate parking structure all together. There are also sweeping views, which is an obvious byproduct of living on the top floors.
What is a Tray Ceiling?
A Tray Ceiling has a recessed midsection that's higher than the perimeter walls, which provides a sense of spaciousness. This style has a clean, simple finish with an extra layer of crown molding. It can be dressed up with recessed lighting and other features. These ceilings give a spacious feel with an extra foot or two of height and are popular in Southwest Florida kitchens, bedrooms and living rooms.
What is a Pavered Walkway or Driveway?
Concrete pavers are basically fancy bricks that are manufactured in mass to create stronger driveways and walkways than standard poured concrete. Concrete pavers are popular for luxury residences in Southwest Florida because they are available in a variety of shapes and styles giving the homeowner plenty of choices to create a unique driveway or walkway that complements their home and landscaping. Pavers are also practical for pool surroundings, patios and walkways because they drain efficiently during summer storms and remain tacky for good footing in wet weather. Another paver benefit: If a paver gets cracked or damaged, individual pavers can be removed and replaced.
BAY COLONY Information
Built in the early 1990s through mid 2000s, Bay Colony is situated directly on the white sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico. Bay Colony is located approximately 1-mile southwest of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center and next door to the Ritz Carlton Vanderbilt Beach. Driving to Bay Colony from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 35-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 95-minutes using "Alligator Alley". Bay Colony is a 24-hour guard gated community with pass key gated entrance and metal swing gate for owners and members. Comprised of 14 sub-communities, Bay Colony has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. Each sub-community has their own community pool and cabana. All communities have use of Bay Colony's beachside pool and clubhouse. Bay Colony has amenities such as Golf, Tennis, Pool, Fitness Center, Dining, Beach Access and a Clubhouse. Please see below for further information and links to Bay Colony and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Bay Colony sits atop over 200-acres of land and is set along side the Gulf of Mexico.
- There are a total of 12-beachside homes and 6-beachside condominium buildings (high-rise).
- There are an additional 8-sub-communities and mid-rise buildings just off the beach but behind the Bay Colony guarded gates.
- Bay Colony consists of various Single Family Homes, Condominiums and Estate Homes on the beach.
- Active community with plenty of amenities and social events.
- Underground Utilities
- The streets are pavered and lit at night.
- The clubhouse pool has a spacious sundeck with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- Bay Colony has Equity Golf Memberships available (members own a share of the golf club).
- Amazing beach access for the homes on "The Strand" plus the 6-delux condominiums that line the gulf coast; Carlsyle, Contessa, Biltmore, Brighton, Remington and Windsor.
- As a resident of Bay Colony, you will enjoy membership to Pelican Bay's Home Owner's Association which offers sporting activities, transportation, community center, fitness center and more.
- All units in Bay Colony come with a minimum of 2 garage spots.
- All Bay Colony condos have a live in manager, except Marquesa and Mansion La Palma, which have an on-site management Monday - Friday.
- All Bay Colony condos have a social room and fitness center except Marquesa and Mansion La Palma.
- There are three clubhouses associated with Bay Colony not including the community rooms in the hi-rise buildings.
- The Bay Colony Beach Club offers a wide array of fine dining experiences, from casual to elegant, plus outdoor amenities including private beach, swimming pool, sun deck and tiki bar.
- The Tennis Club features six Har-Tru tennis courts and a Pro Shop.
- The Bay Colony Golf Club is just 2-miles northeast in Pelican Marsh and is a private equity golf club for residents of Bay Colony.
- Each Bay Colony Club provides 5-star service for their members and their guests.
- The Bay Colony Beach Club has a main dining room for members and guests of members. The dinner menu is often updated with the latest fare. The main dining room is also used for special events such as holiday gatherings, parties and annual events.
- The Beach Grill also provides a gathering place for mid-day sandwiches and after swimming drinks. The menu changes regularly, providing seasonal variations. The bar overlooks the Gulf of Mexico and provides a diverse selection of beer, wine and spirits.
- The Bay Colony Golf Club also has a Main Dining Room and Grill. Both are most elegant and are perfect for business entertaining, celebrated occasions or simply a beer after a game. The Dining Room features seating for up to 170 guests, a polished mahogany dance floor and expansive floor to ceiling windows with expansive french doors.
- No matter where you live in Bay Colony, you are within blocks of a great restaurant. Four and five diamond rated restaurants are at the neighboring Ritz Carlton and casual fare is available on Vanderbilt Beach Road.
- The 18 hole, Robert von Hagge designed golf course provides a variety of competitive levels.
- The golf course is a par 72 and plays 7,114 yards from the tips.
- The Pro Shop offers the latest in Golf Apparel and accessories, hosts demo events, club fitting, re-gripping, spike replacement plus a summer reciprocal program.
- There is a driving range and PGA accredited staff/pro to help with swing instruction and golf course management.
- There is a practice area consisting of large putting greens, chipping greens and practice bunkers.
- The southern plantation style Clubhouse features 34,500 square feet of luxurious indoor and outdoor entertainment areas. Dinning and state-of-the art appointments are available to members and their guests.
- The Bay Colony Golf Club has been member owned since 2001 and is financially secure.
- Bay Colony has six Har-Tru tennis courts with plenty of tennis activity for players of all skill levels.
- Accredited tennis pros and the use of the automatic tennis ball machine(s) are available to help improve your skills.
- The tennis courts have green windscreens to provide a solid background for optimum vision and playability.
- There are Tennis Clinics, Mixers, Round Robins and Camps available during "season".
- Monthly social events, such as tennis themed gatherings and annual mens and ladies tennis tournaments provide an opportunity to make new tennis friends.
- The Beach Club has an outdoor, Gulf of Mexico side, heated pool with pavered pool deck and spa.
- There are additional pools in neighborhood communities and buildings that are solely for the use of the association owners and their guests.
- All Bay Colony sub-communities are allowed to use Bay Colony's Beach Club and pool.
- The Pelican Bay Fitness Center is located one mile east and is a 25,000 square foot Community Center with accredited trainers for one-on-one instruction.
- The Fitness Center has state-of-the-art fitness equipment, including cardiovascular, strength machines, free weights and a designated stretching area.
- Within the facility are men's and women's locker rooms with showers.
- Yoga and Pilates classes are held in the spacious group exercise studio.
- The Wellness Studio and the Ritz-Carlton Spa at Pelican Bay offers an array services to help achieve a balanced mind and body. Various styles of massages and facial treatments are available to local residents and non-resort guests.
- The Pelican Isle Yacht Club is available for membership to Bay Colony Residents who want to dock their boats nearby. The yacht club is located approximately 3-miles north of Bay Colony.
- Designated by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection as a "Clean Marina" the Pelican Isle Yacht Club offers direct gulf access and has 190 marina slips for vessels up to 55 feet in length and drafts up to 4.5 feet deep.
- Docking assistance is available
- Food service available for take out
- Easy access to fuel dock
- Shower and laundry facilities
- Half of Bay Colony is literally on the beach with designated beach access. For those who would like a little more civilization in their beach going experience, one may take an electric tram to Pelican Bay Beach.
- Below Bay Colony Beach there are 2-1/2 miles of beach running south (Pelican Beach) with 7-trams running during the summer and 19-trams running during "season".
- The open air electric trams take members and guests over one of two 1,800 foot long boardwalks through coastal preserves and mangroves to reach the white sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Sea Kayaks are located at both the South Beach & North Beach locations, and are handled by the beach staff. A Foundation issued Member identification card or guest pass is required, along with a signed waiver. There is no charge but you are limited to one hour on the water, unless told otherwise.
- Pelican Bay Beach also has day grills plus towel, umbrella and chair service.
|Other Amenities & Activities|
- Bay Colony has a wide variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Annual Balls and Holiday Events
- Community BBQ's
- Cocktail Parties
- Beach Events
- Wine Tastings
- Guest Speakers
- Whatever your interest, there are groups ready to join or welcome you.
- Bay Colony residents enjoy membership privileges in the Bay Colony Beach Club. The beach club offers a wide array of fine dining experiences,from casual to elegant, plus outdoor amenities including private beach, swimming pool, sun deck and tiki bar. The Tennis Club features six courts and a Pro Shop. Bay Colony residents also have a membership opportunity in the Bay Colony Golf Club (a private equity club located in nearby Pelican Marsh). The Pelican Isle Yacht Club is a close and luxurious marina that is both nearby and open to Bay Colony residents for membership.
Bay Colony Community Association
Bay Colony Golf Club
Pelican Isle Yacht Club
|What is an Estate Home?|
Estate Homes are similarly defined throughout the country as a customized estate with a large amount of square footage, custom master suites, a large number of bedrooms and bathrooms, multiple garage bays with pools and spas on a premium piece of property.
What is Considered to be a High-Rise Building in Southwest Florida?
A high-rise building in Southwest Florida is considered to be 8 or more stories although a high-rise building in Naples does not contain more than 22 stories or 265 feet in height. A high-rise building in Southwest Florida mainly contains condominiums and usually has more amenities than a mid-rise or a low-rise building because the space allows it and the clientele demands it. There is often a grand lobby, 24-hour security, pools, tennis and sub-building parking or a separate parking structure all together. There are also sweeping views, which is an obvious byproduct of living on the top floors.
What is an Equity Golf Community?
Equity golf memberships are not included with the sale of the house in a community with a golf course. Although there are homes built on the course and there is a clubhouse and other amenities, membership can be purchased separate from the home purchase and club membership is not mandatory. Various memberships are often offered from dinning, fitness to full golf privileges. Residents who want to become members must pay an initiation fee along with annual dues associated with your membership. An Equity membership allows you to share ownership of the course (sort of like a partnership). Ownership could also mean that you and the other owners may be responsible for assessments that might arise if he club becomes financially needy. If you move or decide to leave the club, you may sell your ownership (equity) to somebody else (depending on the refund ability clauses within the club rules and contracts). You should always check the governing documents within the community for details before purchasing or selling a membership.
|Bay Colony Golf Club|
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
MARQUESA AT BAY COLONY Documents
BAY COLONY Documents
Communities within BAY COLONY
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email