Single Family Homes Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
Built in the early 1990s through early 2000s, Monterey is located approximately 2-miles southeast of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center and approximately 3-miles southeast of Vanderbilt Beach. Driving to Monterey from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 30-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 95-minutes using "Alligator Alley". Monterey is a 24-hour guard gated community with pass key gated entrance with mechanical lift arm for owners. Comprised of four neighborhoods, Monterey has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. 95% of the single family homes have a private pool and all residents have access to Monterey's community pool and clubhouse. Monterey has amenities such as Tennis, Pool, Fitness Center, Walking Paths and a Clubhouse. Please see below for further information and links to Monterey and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Monterey sits atop a little less than one hundred acres of land and is set amid multiple lakes.
- There are a total of 420-units in Monterey.
- Homeowners are members of the Master Owners Association and their individual associations are as follows:
- Single Family Neighborhood Association, Inc. (292 homes)
- Single Family Villa Neighborhood Association, Inc. (68 homes)
- Villa Owners Association, Inc. (20 homes)
- Villas Condominium Association, Inc. (40 homes)
- There is no golf or dining at Monterey.
- Active community with plenty of amenities and social events.
- Sidewalks, bicycling and walking paths
- Highly regarded private and public schools nearby.
- The streets are lit at night.
- Underground Utilities
- The main pool has a spacious sundeck with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- The Monterey Clubhouse is a central meeting place for many social events and club meetings. The clubhouse includes a complete fitness and exercise center, event kitchen and pool.
- Other than special events, there is no Dining at Monterey.
- Monterey has three Har-Tru tennis courts with plenty of tennis activity for players of all skill levels.
- The tennis courts are lit for evening play.
- The tennis courts have green windscreens to provide a solid background for optimum vision and playability.
- Large outdoor heated pool with pavered pool deck and spa.
- Pool has lanes designated for swimming laps.
- Shallow area for children's play.
- Pool has lounge chairs and tables.
- Pool is lakeside.
- All sub-communities are allowed to use Monterey's community pool and clubhouse.
- The Fitness Center is located in the main clubhouse.
- Vanderbilt Beach is just 3-miles away and has 152 parking spaces. There is additional metered parking on the street with easy handicap accessibility to the beach. The Vanderbilt Beach Park also has a new 375-space parking garage for public use. There is a $6.00 parking fee at the parking lot or a Beach Parking Permit is required. There are restrooms at the beach plus nearby food concessions and equipment rental (kayaks, paddleboards and beach chairs). Note: Vanderbilt Beach is typically voted as one of the top 25-beaches in the country and was recently voted #5 in US News & World Report's "Most Relaxing Beaches".
|Amenities & Activities|
- Monterey has a wide variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Cocktail Parties
- Book Club
- Field Trips
Monterey Homeowners Association
|What is a Villa?|
Real Estate agents in Southwest Florida use the word VILLA to describe luxury residences that are either rented or bought as a seasonal vacation homes or permanent residences. A villa is a privately owned unit that is unattached, semi-attached or attached to other villas with no occupants above or below (only shared walls if attached). Villas commonly have balconies or terraces with fine interior furnishings and appliances. Each villa owner pays monthly into an HOA (Home Owners Association) and in turn the HOA maintains the common areas such as the gardens, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking, etc.
What is the Difference between an Apartment and a Condominium?
Condominiums are usually attached to one another similar to apartment units. The difference between an apartment and a condominium is that a condominium owner owns the unit and shares ownership of common areas with other condominium owners such as the clubhouse, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking lots, etc. Apartments on the other hand are not for sale; one must pay monthly rent to the landlord aka owner of the apartment building. As a condominium owner, you are a member of an HOA (Homeowners Association) and pay a monthly fee to the association in exchange for maintenance of the common areas.
What is a Single Family Home?
Unlike an Apartment, Condo or Townhome, a Single Family Home does not share a common wall with another home and are most commonly free-standing residential buildings. A Single Family Home is often occupied by one family. There are instances when a basement or mother-in-law suite may be rented in a Single Family Home, but that is not enough to change the homes classification to a Multi-Family Home. Lots (yards) are often larger than the structure which is owned by the homeowner and is the responsibility of the homeowner to maintain unless there is an HOA (Homeowners Associations) responsible for upkeep.
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
Communities within MONTEREY
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email