Poinciana Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
Built in the early 1970s, Poinciana is located approximately 2-miles northeast of the shopping and restaurants at the Coastland Shopping Center and approximately 3-miles northeast of Lowdermilk Park Beach. Driving to Poinciana from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 35-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 95-minutes using "Alligator Alley". Poinciana is a non-gated community. Comprised of 2 sub-communities, Poinciana has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. There is only one sub-community with its own pool. The other community is a neighborhood comprised of single family homes with their own private pools. Poinciana has amenities such as Tennis, Pools and Walking Paths. Please see below for further information and links to Poinciana and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Poinciana sits atop approximately 75-acres of land and is comprised of single family homes and low-rise condominiums.
- There is no main community club house, dining, golf or main community fitness center at Poinciana.
- Sidewalks, bicycling and walking paths
- Underground Utilities
- Highly regarded private and public schools nearby.
- The streets are lit at night.
- The Poinciana community pool has a spacious sundeck with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- No matter where you live in Poinciana, you are within blocks of a great restaurant. Four and five diamond rated restaurants are on the main streets and surrounding Pinewoods neighborhoods.
- There is no golf offered "in" Poinciana but the community is surrounded by some very high quality and nationally recognized golf courses. Less than a one mile drive to the east is Naples Daily News "Best Private Country Club" of the year 2013. This 18 hole, Par 72 Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed golf course provides a variety of competitive levels.
- To the northwest is the Country Club of Naples which is a member-owned Club with a proud heritage dating back to 1966. This 18-hole golf course was designed by Gordon Lewis and has been honored to host many USGA events that have been nationally televised on NBC.
- A block southwest will bring you to The Royal Poinciana. 36-holes of par 72 golf. In 2009 the Royal Poinciana was given the coveted designation of a "Platinum Club". This award is voted on every three years by private Club Managers and Club Presidents. This distinction is given to the top 200 clubs among the 6,000 clubs in the country.
- Poinciana has 1 hard-court tennis court with plenty of tennis activity for players of all skill levels.
- Private pools hug single family homes and Poinciana's condominium community has 1-pool that is solely for the use of the association owners and their guests.
- Along with the swimming pool and tennis there is a sport court with basketball and kids play lot on the southern border of the community property.
- Clam Pass Beach is just 4-miles away and has 182 parking spaces available. There is an $8.00 parking fee or a Beach Parking Permit is required. The Park consists of 35 acres of mangrove forest, coastal dunes and 3,200 feet of white sand beach along the Gulf of Mexico. There is a free beach shuttle that transports one from the parking lot over the 3/4 mile long boardwalk. There are restrooms at the beach plus food concessions and equipment rental (kayaks, paddleboards and beach chairs). Note: Clam Pass Beach was voted as one of the top 20 beaches in the United States, and is close to the Waldorf Astoria Beach Resort.
|Amenities & Activities|
- Poinciana has social activities such as book and card clubs plus BBQ's and events for its members and residents.
City of Naples
The Country Club of Naples
|What is Considered to be a Low-Rise Building in Southwest Florida?|
A low rise building in Southwest Florida is considered to be between 1 - 3 stories and does not usually exceed 40 feet in height. A low-rise building may contain condominiums, villas, co-ops, townhomes and even coach homes. A low-rise building sometimes offers more privacy but may have fewer amenities. Parking for low-rise buildings is more commonly uncovered or uses carports that are detached from the building although with newer construction there are many exceptions.
What is the Difference between an Apartment and a Condominium?
Condominiums are usually attached to one another similar to apartment units. The difference between an apartment and a condominium is that a condominium owner owns the unit and shares ownership of common areas with other condominium owners such as the clubhouse, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking lots, etc. Apartments on the other hand are not for sale; one must pay monthly rent to the landlord aka owner of the apartment building. As a condominium owner, you are a member of an HOA (Homeowners Association) and pay a monthly fee to the association in exchange for maintenance of the common areas.
What is a Single Family Home?
Unlike an Apartment, Condo or Townhome, a Single Family Home does not share a common wall with another home and are most commonly free-standing residential buildings. A Single Family Home is often occupied by one family. There are instances when a basement or mother-in-law suite may be rented in a Single Family Home, but that is not enough to change the homes classification to a Multi-Family Home. Lots (yards) are often larger than the structure which is owned by the homeowner and is the responsibility of the homeowner to maintain unless there is an HOA (Homeowners Associations) responsible for upkeep.
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
Communities within POINCIANA
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email