POINTE VERDE at PELICAN BAY Information
Pointe Verde Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
PELICAN BAY Photos
Built in the 1990s, Pointe Verde at Pelican Bay is located approximately 1-mile southeast of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center and approximately 1-mile east of Vanderbilt Beach. Pointe Verde is a gated community within Pelican Bay comprised of luxury estates on a cul-de-sac with attached garages, pavered driveways, private pools, underground utilities, hurricane windows, screened patios, Spanish tile roofs with golf course views. Pointe Verde is in a Deed Restricted Community. For more information on Deed Restricted Communities please see (below).
- Various memberships are available to Pelican Bay's country club, golf, tennis, fitness center, dining, beach facilities and other amenities.
- 13-homes - all on estate sized lots
- Concrete block construction
- Underground utilities
- High ceilings, crown molding and marble floors
- Upgraded wood cabinetry
- Tray ceilings
|Amenities and Features|
- 24 hour security system team
- Pavered Street
- Lush Landscaping
- Gated Community
- Owners are allowed to keep a reasonable amount of small domesticated pets including birds, fish, cats and dogs.
- Each pet owner shall be responsible for the immediate removal and disposal of their pet's excrement.
- No reptiles, monkeys, amphibians or poultry may be kept in the unit.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
|Leasing / Rental Restrictions|
- A unit owner may lease their unit up to 1 time during any 1 calendar year.
- No lease shall be for a period of less than 90 days.
- No lease may be for a period of more than 2 year.
- No subleasing or assignment of lease rights by the lessee is allowed.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
- There is no age restriction for occupants of units.
- Minors under the age of 18 shall be closely supervised at all times by an adult.
- Guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is present).
- Family and Non-family guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is not present).
- There are restrictions as to the number of guests allowed to occupy the unit.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
|What is an Estate Home?|
Estate Homes are similarly defined throughout the country as a customized estate with a large amount of square footage, custom master suites, a large number of bedrooms and bathrooms, multiple garage bays with pools and spas on a premium piece of property. Estate Homes are not to be confused with Estate Sales in which an auction is conducted to liquidate a homes furnishings.
What are the Benefits of a Spanish Tile Roof?
One of the advantages of a Spanish Tile roof is that due to its absorbent properties it keeps the temperatures in the home warm during the winter and cool during the summer. Another benefit is that Spanish Tile Roofs are fire-resistant and require very little maintenance. The lifetime of a Spanish Tile roof can last over 50-years.
What is a Tray Ceiling?
A Tray Ceiling has a recessed midsection that's higher than the perimeter walls, which provides a sense of spaciousness. This style has a clean, simple finish with an extra layer of crown molding. It can be dressed up with recessed lighting and other features. These ceilings give a spacious feel with an extra foot or two of height and are popular in Southwest Florida kitchens, bedrooms and living rooms.
PELICAN BAY Information
Established in the early 1980s, Pelican Bay is situated directly on the white sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico. Pelican Bay is located north of Seagate Drive (aka: Pine Ridge Road) and south of Vanderbilt Beach Road. Pelican Bay abuts the Gulf of Mexico to the west and Tamiami Trail (US 41) to the east. There are plenty of shopping opportunities at the Mercato Mall on Vanderbilt Beach Road and the Waterside Shops on Pine Ridge Road. Driving to Pelican Bay from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 30-40 minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 90-100 minutes using "Alligator Alley". Pelican Bay is a non-gated community although some communities within Pelican Bay are gated. Comprised of over 60 sub-communities, Pelican Bay has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. Each sub-community has their own community pool and cabana, therefore there is no Pelican Bay community pool offered. Pelican Bay has amenities such as Golf, Tennis, Private Pools, Fitness Center, Dining, Bocce Ball, Walking Paths, Deeded Beach Access and a Country Club. Please see below for further information and links to Pelican Bay and its sub-communities.
|History and Property Information|
- In 1972, Westinghouse purchased 2,330 acres from Barron Collier of the Collier family . Pelican Bay was originally referred to as Clam Bay, but was renamed to Pelican Bay in 1974. The mangrove forest were designated a natural resource protection area by Collier County in 1982. The master developer set a number of common areas aside that would be maintained in perpetuity under the guidance of the Pelican Bay Foundation and Services Division. Residents pay dues to the Foundation and taxes to the Pelican Bay Services Division (PBSD). The PBSD is an advisory board of Collier County and maintains areas such as street-scape beautification, street lighting, water management and mangrove maintenance. Today, there are 7600 units in Pelican Bay, including condos, villas and single family homes. The Foundation maintains 43 acres of parks and recreation areas including, four beachfront restaurants, two tennis facilities, Community and Fitness Center.
- Pelican Bay sits atop 3.20 square miles of land is set amid lakes, preserves and a 2-1/2 mile stretch of white sandy beach on the Gulf of Mexico.
- Pelican Bay housing consists of various low-rise condominiums, villas, coach and single family homes plus estates homes and high rise condominiums.
- Pelican Bay offers a great location with everything you can want at your fingertips (beach, pools, tennis, golf, shopping).
- Active community with plenty of amenities and social events.
- Access to the beach via 7-trams that run during the summer, and 19-trams that run during "season".
- Highly regarded private and public schools nearby.
- Membership opportunities to the member owned Pelican Bay Golf Club (aka: "The Club Pelican Bay")
- Pelican Bay was built with the lots at least 15 feet high, which puts them above the flood zone.
- There are 57 lakes in Pelican Bay and they are all attached with culverts. If there is heavy rain, the lakes would balance out the water. Once the water level gets to a certain height, the water over flows into clam bay and out into the gulf which prevents flooding.
- Pelican Bay is 3.5 miles long, and 1 3/4 miles wide.
- There are various clubhouses on the property including two beach houses and restaurants on the beach.
- "The Commons" houses the tennis facilities and a place to relax.
- The Club Pelican Bay Clubhouse is a central meeting place for members and includes Golf Pro Shop, Dining and Club Events and Meetings.
- The Club Pelican Bay has a dress code that applies to all areas of the Clubhouse. Swim attire, cut-offs, flip flops and shirts without a collar are not allowed in The Club Pelican Bay's clubhouse. Gentleman must remove their caps.
- The Community Center at Pelican Bay offers 25,000 square feet of social, educational and wellness programs and services. The fitness and wellness studio are both located at the Community Center.
- There are four restaurants on the property not including The Club Pelican Bay private dinning.
- Beachside dinning is rare in Naples and Pelican Bay has four beach restaurants available to members and their guests.
- All restaurants have indoor and outdoor water view seating.
- The private 27 hole, Arthur Hills/Steve Forrest & Associates designed golf course provides a variety of competitive levels.
- The Pro Shop offers the latest in Golf Apparel and accessories, hosts demo events, club fitting, re-gripping, spike replacement plus a summer reciprocal program.
- There is a driving range, practice green and PGA accredited staff/pro to help with swing instruction and golf course management.
- The Club Pelican Bay prides itself on having a small amount of members (480), so you will never have a tee time problem.
- The course is a par 72 and plays approximately 6,700 yards from the tips.
- Pelican Bay has 18 Har-Tru tennis courts with plenty of tennis activity for players of all skill levels (10-courts in south location and 8-courts in north location).
- Accredited Tennis Pros and the use of the automatic tennis ball machines are available to help improve your skills.
- The tennis courts to the north are lit for evening play.
- The tennis courts have green windscreens to provide a solid background for optimum vision and playability.
- Two fully stocked pro shops offer tennis fashion, logo wear, racquets, footwear, and accessories including racquet re-gripping and restringing.
- There are additional tennis courts in neighborhood communities that are solely for the use of the association owners and their guests.
- The Fitness Center is located in the 25,000 square foot Community Center with accredited trainers for one-on-one instruction.
- The Fitness Center has state-of-the-art fitness equipment, including cardiovascular, strength machines, free weights and a designated stretching area.
- Within the facility are men's and women's locker rooms with showers.
- Yoga and Pilates classes are held in the spacious group exercise studio.
- The Wellness Studio and the Ritz-Carlton Spa at Pelican Bay offers an array services to help achieve a balanced mind and body. Various styles of massages and facial treatments are available to local residents and non-resort guests.
- Sunfish, Laser, Vision and Hobie-Wave boats are available to all Members, Tenants and Guests who have prior sailing experience.
- Sea Kayaks are located at both the South Beach & North Beach locations, and are handled by the beach staff. A Foundation issued Member identification card or guest pass is required, along with a signed waiver. There is no charge but you are limited to one hour on the water, unless told otherwise.
- There are 2-1/2 miles of beach running north to south with 7-trams running during the summer and 19-trams running during "season".
- The open air electric trams take members and guests over one of two 1,800 foot long boardwalks through coastal preserves and mangroves to reach the white sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico.
|Amenities & Activities|
- Aside from the extensive amenities offered by the Pelican Bay Foundation, a large portion of the membership enjoys participating in various outdoor recreational activities including bird watching, fishing (catch & release), running, jogging, rollerblading and bicycling.
- Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Annual Balls and Holiday Events
- Beach Events
- Cocktail Parties
- Community BBQ's
- Guest Speakers
- Field Trips
- Residents pay dues to the Foundation and taxes to the Pelican Bay Services Division (PBSD) for amenities and services.
- Equity Golf Memberships are available for residents to the Club Pelican Bay.
- For more detailed membership information concerning The Club Pelican Bay , please click here: The Club Pelican Bay Website.
|Pelican Bay Related Links|
Pelican Bay Interactive Map
Pelican Bay Foundation
Philharmonic Center for the Arts
Naples Grande Resort
|What is Deeded Beach Access?|
Deeded Beach Access means that a deed (agreement) specifically grants the public beach access via a right of way or a dedicated walkway between 2-shoreline properties. Deeded Beach Access is a nice amenity for those who own properties across the street from a developed shoreline allowing them beach access without passing through private property.
What is an "Equity" Golf Membership?
Equity golf memberships are not included with the sale of the house in a community with a golf course. Although there are homes built on the course and there is a clubhouse and other amenities, membership can be purchased separate from the home purchase and club membership is not mandatory. Various memberships are often offered from dinning, fitness to full golf privileges. Residents who want to become members must pay an initiation fee along with annual dues associated with your membership. An Equity membership allows you to share ownership of the course (sort of like a partnership). Ownership could also mean that you and the other owners may be responsible for assessments that might arise if he club becomes financially needy. If you move or decide to leave the club, you may sell your ownership (equity) to somebody else (depending on the refund ability clauses within the club rules and contracts). You should always check the governing documents within the community for details before purchasing or selling a membership.
What is a Homeowner's Association (HOA)?
An organization in a subdivision, planned community or condominium complex that makes and enforces rules for the properties in its jurisdiction. HOAs also collect monthly or annual dues to pay for upkeep of common areas like parking lots, tennis courts, elevators and swimming pools and can levy special assessments on homeowners when the association lacks sufficient reserves to pay for planned and unexpected repairs.
|Pelican Bay Fitness Center|
|Pelican Bay Commons and Tennis Courts|
|Sandpiper and North Beach Cafe at Pelican Bay North Beach|
|Sandbar, Sunset Cafe, Picnic Pods and the Beach Store at Pelican Bay South Beach|
|The Club at Pelican Bay|
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
POINTE VERDE at PELICAN BAY Documents
PELICAN BAY Documents
Communities within PELICAN BAY
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email