RIVER ROYALE at PALM RIVER Information
River Royale Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
RIVER ROYALE at PALM RIVER Photos PALM RIVER Photos
Built in the late 1970s, River Royale at Palm River is located approximately 2-miles northeast of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center and a similar distance east of Delnor-Wiggins Preserve and Beach. River Royale is a non-gated community within Palm River comprised of condominiums on a private driveway with attached garages, community pool, underground utilities, concrete block construction, flat roof (modified bitumen roof) and courtyard views.
- Various memberships are available to Palm River's country club, golf, pool, beach facilities, and other amenities.
- Concrete block construction
- Underground utilities
- Small community featuring 16-residences
|Amenities and Features|
- Community Pool
- Sundeck with pool furnishings and chairs
- Cabana facilities
- Pool Restrooms
- BBQ Area
- The keeping of pets of any kind or description within the residence or property is prohibited.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
|Leasing / Rental Restrictions|
- All leases must be approved by the Associations Board of Directors or its designee.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
- There are age restrictions for occupants of units.
- Minors under the age of 16 shall be closely supervised at all times by an adult.
- Guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is present).
- Family and Non-family guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is not present).
- There are restrictions as to the number of guests allowed to occupy the unit.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
|What is the Difference between an Apartment and a Condominium?|
Condominiums are usually attached to one another similar to apartment units. The difference between an apartment and a condominium is that a condominium owner owns the unit and shares ownership of common areas with other condominium owners such as the clubhouse, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking lots, etc. Apartments on the other hand are not for sale; one must pay monthly rent to the landlord aka owner of the apartment building. As a condominium owner, you are a member of an HOA (Homeowners Association) and pay a monthly fee to the association in exchange for maintenance of the common areas.
What is Considered to be a Low-Rise Building in Southwest Florida?
A low rise building in Southwest Florida is considered to be between 1 - 3 stories and does not usually exceed 40 feet in height. A low-rise building may contain condominiums, villas, co-ops, townhomes and even coach homes. A low-rise building sometimes offers more privacy but may have fewer amenities. Parking for low-rise buildings is more commonly uncovered or uses carports that are detached from the building although with newer construction there are many exceptions.
What is a Modified Bitumen Roof?
A Modified Bitumen Roof is applied by using a torch to the back of a rubber-like membrane and melted into the roofs base ply. A Modified Bitumen Roof is often used on commercial buildings and mid-rise condominiums. It has a light-colored mineral surface that reflects heat and cuts energy bills. A typical Modified Bitumen Roof lasts approximately 10-20 years.
PALM RIVER Information
Built in the early 1960s to present, Palm River is located approximately 3-miles northeast of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center and a similar distance east of Delnor-Wiggins Preserve and Beach. Driving to Palm River from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 30-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 95-minutes using "Alligator Alley". Palm River is a non-gated community. Comprised of several sub-communities, Palm River has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. There are multiple sub-communities with their own pool and cabana. Palm River is the home to the LaPlaya Golf Club and with membership comes golf and dinning privileges at the clubhouse. Please see below for further information and links to Palm River and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Palm River sits atop hundreds of acres of land and is set amid multiple lakes.
- Palm River is comprised of single family homes and condominium complexes.
- There is no tennis or main community pool at Palm River however each sub-community and private residence have their own pool.
- The LaPlaya Beach & Golf Club offers many forms of membership that may be acquired.
- Sidewalks, bicycling and walking paths
- Underground Utilities
- The streets are lit at night.
- Highly regarded private and public schools nearby.
- The community pools have spacious sundecks with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- The LaPlaya Golf Resort is a central meeting place for members that includes Golf Pro Shop, Dining, Banquet Facilities, Club Events and Meetings.
- The Club's Dress Code applies to all areas of the Clubhouse. Cut-offs, flip flops and shirts without a collar are not allowed in the Palm River's clubhouse. Gentleman must remove their caps.
- The 11,500 square foot clubhouse is completely equipped with the latest technology, and high-speed Internet access, as well as a complete business center available for members to use.
- The LaPlaya Golf Club Grill provides a gathering place for mid-day sandwiches and after game drinks. The menu changes regularly, providing seasonal variations. The bar overlooks the golf course and provides a diverse selection of beer, wine and spirits.
- The LaPlaya Beach Club has a grill and tike hut, plus a main dining room for members and guests of the resort. The dinner menu is often updated with the latest fare. The main dining room is also used for special events such as holiday gatherings and parties.
- The 18 hole, Bob Cupp designed, golf course provides LaPlaya Golf Course members a variety of competitive levels.
- The course is a par 72 and plays 6,907 yards from the tips.
- The Pro Shop offers the latest in Golf Apparel and accessories, hosts demo events, club fitting, re-gripping, spike replacement plus a summer reciprocal program.
- There is a driving range, practice green and PGA accredited staff/pro to help with swing instruction and golf course management.
- 30,000 square foot practice tee area.
- 17,000 square foot David Leadbetter teaching facility tee area, each with 6 target greens
- One substantially sized 10,000 square foot practice putting green.
- Members of the LaPlaya Beach Club enjoy a large outdoor heated pool with pavered pool deck and spa.
- The resort style pools are beachside and provide towel service plus dinning and tiki huts.
- There are additional pools in the neighborhood communities of Palm River that are solely for the use of the association owners and their guests.
- The Fitness Center for members of the LaPlaya Beach Club is located at the beachside resort (LaPlaya).
- The Fitness Center has state-of-the-art fitness equipment, including cardiovascular, strength machines, free weights and a designated stretching area.
- Within the facility are men's and women's locker rooms with showers.
- Yoga and Pilates classes are held in the spacious group exercise studio.
- The Day Spa offers an array services to help achieve a balanced mind and body. Various styles of massages and facial treatments are available to members and their guests.
- LaPlaya Members enjoy dock assistance and access to 23 slips for boats up to 40 feet. The concrete floating docks include shore power and a dock box. Slips are available with or without a lift.
|Beach Access (Private)|
- Beach Club Members enjoy complimentary valet. The beach and pools are just steps away with full services. Parents and kids alike enjoy the Tiki Bar, Kids Camps, and a full calendar of events and activities. Member Dressing Rooms and showers are available with full toiletries.
|Beach Access (Public)|
- The Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park is only 2-miles away. The beach park is 166-acres in size and has a 1-mile long beach. There are restrooms and showers at the beach plus food concessions and equipment rental (kayaks, paddleboards, scuba, beach chairs and umbrellas). There are 5-parking lots connected by trails and boardwalks. There is a boat ramp that feeds into Turkey Bay, which is where the Cocohatchee River meets the Gulf of Mexico. The docks at the boat ramp are disability accessible.
|Amenities & Activities|
- Palm River has a variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Book Club
- Field Trips
- Members of the LaPlaya Beach & Golf Club have access to a large array of activities.
Palm River HOA
La Playa Beach and Golf Resort
La Playa Resort
|What is a Non-Equity Golf Community?|
Like an equity course, homes, condos and villas surround the course and memberships are available to homeowners. Unlike an equity course, membership does not mean ownership. The course is owned by a corporation and is a for profit business. Your initiation fee and annual dues are not refundable and memberships are not available for transfer. The board of governors is still made up of members, but you'll also see the clubs General Manager and Department Managers at their meetings (the latter being hired by the corporation that owns the club). The benefit of a non-equity membership is that membership is not mandatory to homeowners and if the club falls into a financial hardship you cannot be assessed.
What is a Boat Slip Lease?
A Boat Slip Lease means that a boat slip can be leased from the Home Owners Association of a property but most often a lease must be made by a property owner from within the building our community. Besides having a place to dock your boat a leased boat slip can increase the value of your property as well as attract more renters if your HOA approves units to be leased. Maintenance is usually handled by the HOA (Home Owners Association), but maintenance conditions may vary.
|LaPlaya Beach Resort & Boat Docks|
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
RIVER ROYALE at PALM RIVER Documents
PALM RIVER Documents
Communities within PALM RIVER
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email