Built in the early 2000s, Tarpon Bay is located approximately 6-miles east of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center and approximately 7-miles east of Delnor-Wiggins Preserve and Beach. Driving to Tarpon Bay from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 30-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 95-minutes using "Alligator Alley". Tarpon Bay is a 24-hour guard gated community with pass key gated entrance and mechanical lift arm for owners. Comprised of 5 sub-communities, Tarpon Bay has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. All communities have use of Tarpon Bay's community pool and clubhouse. Tarpon Bay has amenities such as Tennis, Pool, Fitness Center, Dining and a Clubhouse. Please see below for further information and links to Tarpon Bay and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Tarpon Bay sits atop approximately one hundred acres of land and is set amid 3 lakes.
- There are a total of 352 units in Tarpon Bay.
- Tarpon Bay consists of various Attached Villas, Detached Villas and Coach Homes.
- 15-acre community lake.
- Owners in Tarpon Bay have the opportunity to join the off-site Tarpon Cove Yacht & Racquet Club.
- Active community with plenty of amenities and social events.
- All owners in Tarpon Bay must belong to the master association along with their sub communities association.
- Highly regarded private and public schools nearby.
- Sidewalks, bicycling and walking paths
- Underground Utilities
- The main pool has a spacious sundeck with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- The Castaways Club is a central meeting place that includes Fitness Center, Banquet Facilities, Pool, Man-Made White Sand Beach, Club Events and Meetings.
- Business Center with wi-fi access.
- Other than special events, there is no Dining at Tarpon Bay.
- There is no golf in Tarpon Bay but a 1/2 mile north is the 18 hole, Bill Maddox designed Quail Village Golf Club which provides a variety of competitive levels.
- The golf course is a par 69 and plays 5,000 yards from the tips.
- The Pro Shop offers the latest in Golf Apparel and accessories plus has a summer reciprocal program.
- Non-resident memberships are available.
- Tarpon Bay has two Har-Tru tennis courts with plenty of tennis activity for players of all skill levels.
- The tennis courts are lit for evening play.
- The tennis courts have green windscreens to provide a solid background for optimum vision and playability.
- There is a large outdoor infinite pool with pavered deck and spa.
- Shallow area for children's play.
- Pool has lounge chairs and tables.
- Pool is lakeside.
- All sub-communities are allowed to use Tarpon Bay's community pool and clubhouse.
- The Fitness Center is located in the main clubhouse.
- The Fitness Center has state-of-the-art fitness equipment, including cardiovascular, strength machines, free weights and a designated stretching area.
- Yoga and Pilates classes are held in the spacious group exercise studio.
- The use of Kayaks and Canoes are available to members and their guests.
- Floating launch for kayaks and canoes.
- The Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park is only 7-miles away. The beach park is 166-acres in size and has a 1-mile long beach. There are restrooms and showers at the beach plus food concessions and equipment rental (kayaks, paddleboards, scuba, beach chairs and umbrellas). There are 5-parking lots connected by trails and boardwalks. There is a boat ramp that feeds into Turkey Bay, which is where the Cocohatchee River meets the Gulf of Mexico. The docks at the boat ramp are disability accessible.
- Membership privileges at Tarpon Cove Yacht & Racquet Club include access to all the amenities at Tarpon Cove Yacht & Racquet Club and Spanish Wells Golf & Country Club with limitations in regards to the golf amenities. For more detailed membership information, please click here: Tarpon Cove Membership Website.
- The Business Center has 2 computers with high speed internet access; a laser printer, fax, and high speed copier. The Business Center can be accessed from 8:30am to 10:00pm seven days a week.
|Other Amenities & Activities|
- Tarpon Bay has a wide variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Annual Balls and Holiday Events
- Community BBQ's
- Sand Volleyball
- Putting Green
- Cocktail Parties
- Field Trips
Tarpon Bay Homeowners Website
Quail Village Golf Club
Tarpon Cove Yacht & Racquet Club
|What is a Coach Home?|
The term Coach Home is a builders term from the Midwest used to describe a specifically shaped 4-unit, 2-story building with the garages placed in front of the living area. This 4-unit design creates a horseshoe shaped structure when viewing from above. Coach Homes vary in size and units but in Southwest Florida the standard Coach Home has four units (2-downstairs and 2-upstairs). Each unit has a two car garage (sometimes 1-car) and the second floor units either have an elevator or a side entrance. There is such a thing as a 6-unit Coach Home or a 8-unit and even a 10-unit Coach Home. It's just that the 4-unit Coach Homes are more prevalent. All Coach Homes have a patio lanai for the lower units and a balcony lanai for the second floor units.
What is a Villa?
Real Estate agents in Southwest Florida use the word VILLA to describe luxury residences that are either rented or bought as a seasonal vacation homes or permanent residences. A villa is a privately owned unit that is unattached, semi-attached or attached to other villas with no occupants above or below (only shared walls if attached). Villas commonly have balconies or terraces with fine interior furnishings and appliances. Each villa owner pays monthly into an HOA (Home Owners Association) and in turn the HOA maintains the common areas such as the gardens, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking, etc.
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.