Built in the late 1990s through early 2000s, Tarpon Cove is located approximately 5-miles north of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center and approximately 3-miles northeast of Delnor-Wiggins Preserve and Beach. Driving to Tarpon Cove from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 30-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 95-minutes using "Alligator Alley". Tarpon Cove is a 24-hour guard gated community with pass key gated entrance with metal swing gates for owners. Comprised of 3 sub-communities, Tarpon Cove has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. Each sub-community has their own community pool and cabana. Tarpon Cove has amenities walking paths, pool and spa. Please see below for further information and links to Tarpon Cove and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Tarpon Cove sits atop over 100-acres of land and is set amid 5-small lakes.
- Tarpon Cove consists of various Attached Villas and Coach Homes.
- There is no golf, tennis or dining at Tarpon Cove but residents are allowed membership opportunity at the Tarpon Cove Yacht & Racquet Club which is 500-yards away on Wiggins Bay.
- Sidewalks, bicycling and walking paths
- The streets are lit at night.
- The community pools have spacious sundecks with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- There are no clubhouses at Tarpon Cove but each pool has a cabana/pool house. Members of the Tarpon Cove Yacht & Racquet Club have use of the waterside clubhouse, amenities and social events. The clubhouse includes a complete fitness and exercise center, dinning and pool.
- The Tarpon Cove Yacht & Racquet Club has a main dining room for members and guests of members. The dinner menu is often updated with the latest fare. The main dining room is also used for special events such as holiday gatherings, parties and annual events.
- The Tarpon Cove Grill provides a gathering place for mid-day sandwiches and after boating drinks. The menu changes regularly, providing seasonal variations. The bar overlooks Wiggins Bay and provides a diverse selection of beer, wine and spirits.
- The Tarpon Cove Yacht & Racquet Club's sister property, Spanish Wells Golf & Country Club, provides members with a full service private golf club experience with a newly renovated 27-hole championship golf course only a 10 minute drive away.
- The 27 hole, Gordon Lewis & Bruce Howard designed golf course provides a variety of competitive levels.
- Members can play the North, South and East courses in three different 18-hole combinations. With play ranging from 4,800 to 6,800 yards from multiple tee locations.
- There is a driving range, practice green and PGA accredited staff/pro to help with swing instruction and golf course management.
- There is a practice area consisting of large putting greens, chipping greens and practice bunkers.
- The Tarpon Cove Yacht & Racquet Club has six Har-Tru courts and two lighted courts for night time tennis play.
- Accredited Tennis Pros and the use of the automatic tennis ball machine(s) are available to help improve your skills.
- The tennis courts have green windscreens to provide a solid background for optimum vision and playability.
- There are Tennis Clinics, Mixers, Round Robins and Camps available during "season".
- Monthly social events, such as tennis themed gatherings and the annual Ladies' Tennis Luncheons provide an opportunity to make new tennis friends.
- There are 3-heated pools with pavered pool decks in each sub-community of Tarpon Cove.
- The Barbados sub-community also has a spa.
- Shallow area for children's play.
- Pool has lounge chairs and tables.
- Pool restrooms and drinking fountain.
- The Tarpon Cove Yacht & Racquet Club's Fitness Center offers members state-of-the-art fitness equipment, including cardiovascular, strength machines, free weights and a designated stretching area.
- Within the facility are men's and women's locker rooms with showers.
- Yoga and Pilates classes are held in the spacious group exercise studio.
- Water aerobics classes take place in the main community pool.
- Tarpon Cove Yacht & Racquet Club Members are allowed to use the 46-passenger pontoon boat christened the "Endless Summer" to travel one mile down the Cocohatchee River to the Gulf of Mexico beaches. The "Endless Summer" ferries Club Members to Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park beach. The Club is pleased to include beach chairs, beverages and boxed lunches to members heading to the beach. The "Endless Summer" leaves from the Club's dock conveniently every hour from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm on the days the Club is open. In addition, the Club offers sunset dinner water tours, cocktail water tours and other seasonal member activities aboard the "Endless Summer".
- Boat storage and docking is also available through the Tarpon Cove Yacht Club.
- The Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park is only 3-miles away (by car). The beach park is 166-acres in size and has a 1-mile long beach. There are restrooms and showers at the beach plus food concessions and equipment rental (kayaks, paddleboards, scuba, beach chairs and umbrellas). There are 5-parking lots connected by trails and boardwalks. There is a boat ramp that feeds into Turkey Bay, which is where the Cocohatchee River meets the Gulf of Mexico. The docks at the boat ramp are disability accessible.
|Other Amenities & Activities|
- Tarpon Cove has a variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Community BBQ's
- Cocktail Parties
- Field Trips
- Tarpon Cove Yacht & Racquet Club offers two types of membership; Charter Memberships and Associate Memberships. Owners within the community are eligible for membership. For more detailed information, please click here: Tarpon Cove Yacht & Racquet Club Membership Website.
Platinum Property Management
North Collier Corporate Center II
1016 Collier Center Way
Suite Suite #102
Naples, Fl 34110
On site Property Manager:
Lanny Formaro, CAM
Tarpon Cove Community Association
Tarpon Cove Yacht and Racquet Club
Spanish Wells Golf and Country Club
|What is a Villa?|
Real Estate agents in Southwest Florida use the word VILLA to describe luxury residences that are either rented or bought as a seasonal vacation homes or permanent residences. A villa is a privately owned unit that is unattached, semi-attached or attached to other villas with no occupants above or below (only shared walls if attached). Villas commonly have balconies or terraces with fine interior furnishings and appliances. Each villa owner pays monthly into an HOA (Home Owners Association) and in turn the HOA maintains the common areas such as the gardens, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking, etc.
What is a Coach Home?
The term Coach Home is a builders term from the Midwest used to describe a specifically shaped 4-unit, 2-story building with the garages placed in front of the living area. This 4-unit design creates a horseshoe shaped structure when viewing from above. Coach Homes vary in size and units but in Southwest Florida the standard Coach Home has four units (2-downstairs and 2-upstairs). Each unit has a two car garage (sometimes 1-car) and the second floor units either have an elevator or a side entrance. There is such a thing as a 6-unit Coach Home or a 8-unit and even a 10-unit Coach Home. It's just that the 4-unit Coach Homes are more prevalent. All Coach Homes have a patio lanai for the lower units and a balcony lanai for the second floor units.
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.