Up to the last 5 Solds for The Dunes:
Click Here for More The Dunes Sales Information
SEA GROVE at THE DUNES
405 SEA GROVE LN, #9-202 - Tax Record
GRANDE PHOENICIAN at THE DUNES
275 INDIES WAY, #904 - Tax Record
CAYMAN at THE DUNES
325 DUNES BLVD, #703 - Tax Record
ANTIGUA at THE DUNES
300 DUNES BLVD, #1006 - Tax Record
ANTIGUA at THE DUNES
300 DUNES BLVD, #PH-6 - Tax Record
THE DUNES Information
The Dunes Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
THE DUNES Photos
Built in the early 2000s through late 2000s, The Dunes is located approximately 2-miles northwest of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center and approximately 1-mile east (by car) of Delnor-Wiggins Preserve and Beach. Driving to The Dunes from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 40-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 95-minutes using "Alligator Alley". The Dunes is a 24-hour guard gated community with pass key gated entrance with mechanical lift arm for members and owners. Comprised of eight sub-communities, The Dunes has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. Other than Sea Grove each building has their own heated pool and community room. All communities have use of The Dunes community pool and clubhouse (The Plantation Club). The Dunes has amenities such as Tennis, Pool, Fitness Center, Dining, Walking Paths and a Clubhouse. Please see below for further information and links to The Dunes and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- The Dunes sits atop over 100-acres of land and is set amid 3-small lakes.
- There are a total of 640-units in The Dunes.
- There are a total of eight sub-communities in The Dunes.
- The Dunes consists of various Coach Homes and Hi-Rise Condominiums.
- The Resort Style Pool is surrounded by 9,000 square feet of recreational space with full service food and beverage, sun deck, gazebo-ensconced hot tub, lounge chair "flag service" for beverage's and cold towel service.
- The Plantation Club offers pool-side guest cottages which are fully furnished and available to residents and their guests for daily or nightly rental.
- There is no golf at The Dunes.
- The Dunes offers limited memberships to the Floridian Beach Club (see "Membership" for details).
- Active community with plenty of amenities and social events.
- Sidewalks, bicycling and walking paths
- The streets are lit at night.
- There are 7-highrise buildings. Nearly every unit has a view of the preserve and Turkey Bay and the higher floors enjoy panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Units range in size from approximately 1,800 to 4,700 square feet of living space (under air).
- There are guest suites available to guests of owners for a varying fee depending on season. The guest suits are located near the resort style pool.
- The community pools have spacious sundecks with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- The pool at the Plantation Club is a resort style pool with island bar, pool furnishings and spacious sundeck with great sun exposure.
- The The Dunes Clubhouse is a central meeting place that includes Tennis Pro Shop, Fitness Center, Dining, Banquet Facilities, Pool, Club Events and Meetings.
- The Dunes Club has a main dining room for members and guests of members. The dinner menu is often updated with the latest fare. The main dining room is also used for special events such as holiday gatherings, parties, annual tennis tournaments and events.
- The Tiki Bar provides a gathering place for mid-day sandwiches and tropical drinks. The menu changes regularly, providing seasonal variations. The bar overlooks the pool and provides a diverse selection of beer, wine and spirits.
- The Lounge also has several state-of-the-art televisions for sports viewing.
- Tiki Bar hours of operation: 11am - 10pm.
- There is no golf at The Dunes but the well known Old Collier Golf Club is located 1-mile east. The 18 hole, Tom Fazio designed golf course provides a variety of competitive levels.
- The golf course is a par 72 and plays 7,069 yards from the tips.
- The Pro Shop offers the latest in Golf Apparel and accessories, hosts demo events, club fitting, re-gripping, spike replacement plus a summer reciprocal program.
- There is a driving range, practice green and PGA accredited staff/pro to help with swing instruction and golf course management.
- There is a practice area consisting of large putting greens, chipping greens and practice bunkers.
- The Old Collier Golf Club is a by-invitation-only club.
- The Dunes has five Har-Tru tennis courts and one hard court with plenty of tennis activity for players of all skill levels.
- Accredited Tennis Pros and the use of the automatic tennis ball machine(s) are available to help improve your skills.
- The tennis courts are lit for evening play.
- The tennis courts have green windscreens to provide a solid background for optimum vision and playability.
- There are Tennis Clinics, Mixers, Round Robins and Camps available during "season".
- Monthly social events, such as tennis themed gatherings and the annual men's and ladies tennis luncheons provide an opportunity to make new tennis friends.
- Large outdoor heated resort pool with pavered pool deck and spa.
- Shallow, beach style area for children's play.
- Waterfalls and lounge chair service with service flags for a cold beverage of your choice from the Tiki Bar.
- There are additional pools in neighborhood communities that are solely for the use of the association owners and their guests.
- All sub-communities are allowed to use The Dunes's community pool and clubhouse (The Plantation Club).
- The Fitness Center has state-of-the-art fitness equipment, including cardiovascular, strength machines, free weights and a designated stretching area.
- Within the facility are men's and women's locker rooms with showers.
- Yoga and Pilates classes are held in the spacious group exercise studio.
- Water aerobics classes take place in the main community pool.
- The Day Spa offers an array services to help achieve a balanced mind and body. Various styles of massages and facial treatments are available to members and their guests.
- The Grande Preserve has 2 assigned sub-building parking spots per unit.
- The Antigua, Barbados and Cayman have 1-assigned sub-building parking spot and parking available on the surface parking lot.
- The Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park is approximately 1-mile away. The beach park is 166-acres in size and has a 1-mile long beach. There are restrooms and showers at the beach plus food concessions and equipment rental (kayaks, paddleboards, scuba, beach chairs and umbrellas). There are 5-parking lots connected by trails and boardwalks. There is a boat ramp that feeds into Turkey Bay, which is where the Cocohatchee River meets the Gulf of Mexico. The docks at the boat ramp are disability accessible.
|Other Amenities & Activities|
- The Dunes has a wide variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Annual Balls and Holiday Events
- Community BBQ's
- Wine Tastings
- Cocktail Parties
- Field Trips
- Membership to the Plantation Club comes with ownership in any of the 7-highrises of The Dunes and the coach homes of Sea Grove (located in The Dunes).
- The Floridian Club is an off-site beach club on Vanderbilt Beach around 2-miles southwest of The Dunes. This private beach club has a beachside pool, dinning facilities and a private shuttle from The Dunes to the beach club. The Floridian Club also offers six bay side guest cottages. Rates include access to the Club Facilities and reserved on-site parking.
- There are only 4-buildings in The Dunes with an invitation for membership to The Floridian Club. Those four buildings are in the Grande Preserve which incorporates "Grande Geneva", "Grande Phoenician", "Grand Dominica" and "Grande Excelsior". The developer of these four buildings included membership into the Floridian Club with each unit. The annual fee for the Floridian Club is about $4,500 per year with an initiation of $25,000.00. If an owner were to let their membership expire, that unit would lose it's membership privledges forever. That owner or any new owner of that unit would not be allowed to join the Floridian Club.
- The owners of the "ABC's"/"Antigua", "Barbados" and "Cayman" do not have membership opportunities to join the Floridian Beach Club.
- Please see below for "The Floridian Club 2010 Membership Information" which helps explain the schedule of dues, fees and charges or for updated information call the Floridian Club office at 239-593-0676.
The Dunes Community Website
Old Collier Golf Club
|What is a Coach Home?|
The term Coach Home is a builders term from the Midwest used to describe a specifically shaped 4-unit, 2-story building with the garages placed in front of the living area. This 4-unit design creates a horseshoe shaped structure when viewing from above. Coach Homes vary in size and units but in Southwest Florida the standard Coach Home has four units (2-downstairs and 2-upstairs). Each unit has a two car garage (sometimes 1-car) and the second floor units either have an elevator or a side entrance. There is such a thing as a 6-unit Coach Home or a 8-unit and even a 10-unit Coach Home. It's just that the 4-unit Coach Homes are more prevalent. All Coach Homes have a patio lanai for the lower units and a balcony lanai for the second floor units.
What is Considered to be a High-Rise Building in Southwest Florida?
A high-rise building in Southwest Florida is considered to be 8 or more stories although a high-rise building in Naples does not contain more than 22 stories or 265 feet in height. A high-rise building in Southwest Florida mainly contains condominiums and usually has more amenities than a mid-rise or a low-rise building because the space allows it and the clientele demands it. There is often a grand lobby, 24-hour security, pools, tennis and sub-building parking or a separate parking structure all together. There are also sweeping views, which is an obvious byproduct of living on the top floors.
|The Floridian Club (9467 Gulf Shore Dr, Naples, FL 34108)|
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
THE DUNES Documents
Communities within THE DUNES
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email