Built in the early 1990s through mid 2000s, Wilshire Lakes is located approximately 4-miles east of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center and approximately 5-miles east of Vanderbilt Beach. Driving to Wilshire Lakes from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 30-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 95-minutes using "Alligator Alley". Wilshire Lakes is a 24-hour guard gated community with pass key gated entrance and mechanical lift arm for owners and members. There are 3 sub-communities, two of which have a pool and cabana. Wilshire Lakes has amenities such as Tennis, Pool and a Clubhouse. Please see below for further information and links to Wilshire Lakes and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Wilshire Lakes sits atop approximately 100-acres of land and is set amid 8-small lakes.
- Wilshire Lakes consists of various Single Family Homes, Coach Homes and Detached Villas.
- Wilshire Lakes is a Deed Restricted neighborhood (bylaws prohibiting homeowners from non-conforming updates on their property to the detriment of the neighborhood or community).
- There is no golf or dining restaurants in Wilshire Lakes.
- Active community with plenty of amenities and social events.
- Sidewalks, bicycling and walking paths.
- Highly regarded private and public schools nearby.
- The streets are lit at night.
- The community pools have spacious sundecks with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- The Wilshire Lakes has two clubhouses. One near the front gate and one furthest north in Wilshire Pines. The clubhouses include fitness room, event kitchen and pool.
- No matter where you live in Wilshire Lakes, you are within a few miles of a great restaurant. Four and five diamond rated restaurants are on and off Vanderbilt Beach Road and casual fare surrounds Wilshire Lakes front gates.
- Wilshire Lakes is close to The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort which is a 36 hole, Greg Norman designed golf course providing a variety of competitive levels.
- The golf courses are a par 72 and plays approximately 7,000 yards from the tips.
- The Pro Shop offers the latest in golf apparel and accessories, hosts demo events, club fitting, re-gripping, spike replacement plus a summer reciprocal program.
- There is a driving range, practice green and PGA accredited staff/pro to help with swing instruction and golf course management.
- GPS Equipped Golf Carts
- There is a practice area consisting of large putting greens, chipping greens and practice bunkers.
- Tiburon is the home of the PGA TOUR Academy and the Taylor Made Performance Lab.
- Tiburon is host of the PGA TOUR Franklin Templeton Shootout and the LPGA CME Group Titleholder Championship.
- Wilshire Lakes has two Har-Tru tennis courts with plenty of tennis activity for players of all skill levels.
- The tennis courts are lit for evening play.
- The tennis courts have green windscreens to provide a solid background for optimum vision and playability.
- There are two large outdoor heated pools with pavered pool decks and spa.
- Shallow area for children's play.
- Pool has lounge chairs and tables.
- Pool restrooms and water fountains.
- Most of the single family homes have their own private pool.
- A Fitness Room is located in both of the north and south clubhouses.
- Vanderbilt Beach is just 5-miles away and has 152 parking spaces. There is additional metered parking on the street with easy handicap accessibility to the beach. The Vanderbilt Beach Park also has a new 375-space parking garage for public use. There is a $6.00 parking fee at the parking lot or a Beach Parking Permit is required. There are restrooms at the beach plus nearby food concessions and equipment rental (kayaks, paddleboards and beach chairs). Note: Vanderbilt Beach is typically voted as one of the top 25-beaches in the country and was recently voted #5 in US News & World Report's "Most Relaxing Beaches".
|Other Amenities & Activities|
- Wilshire Lakes has a wide variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Annual Balls and Holiday Events
- Community BBQ's
- Cocktail Parties
- Book Club
- Field Trips
Gateway Management, Inc.
1532 Rio De Janeiro Ave
Punta Gorda, FL 33983
Phone: (239) 628-1047
PO Box 380758
Murdock, FL 33938-0758
Wilshire Lakes Community Website
|What is a Deed Restricted Community?|
When one owns a home in a neighborhood or community that is in a "deed restricted area"; this means that there are bylaws governing the neighborhood or community which prohibit the homeowners from doing certain things to the detriment of the neighborhood or community. For example, some neighborhoods or communities require you to contact them prior to changing the exterior color of your home or restrict overnight parking on the street. Each community is different and each Home Owners Association (HOA) has different rules. The premise is to maintain the aesthetic appearance and value of your home and the other homes in the HOA. There is usually a fee required that is payable to the HOA for the maintenance of the common grounds, including amenities if applicable.
What is a Coach Home?
The term Coach Home is a builders term from the Midwest used to describe a specifically shaped 4-unit, 2-story building with the garages placed in front of the living area. This 4-unit design creates a horseshoe shaped structure when viewing from above. Coach Homes vary in size and units but in Southwest Florida the standard Coach Home has four units (2-downstairs and 2-upstairs). Each unit has a two car garage (sometimes 1-car) and the second floor units either have an elevator or a side entrance. There is such a thing as a 6-unit Coach Home or a 8-unit and even a 10-unit Coach Home. It's just that the 4-unit Coach Homes are more prevalent. All Coach Homes have a patio lanai for the lower units and a balcony lanai for the second floor units.
What is a Villa?
Real Estate agents in Southwest Florida use the word VILLA to describe luxury residences that are either rented or bought as a seasonal vacation homes or permanent residences. A villa is a privately owned unit that is unattached, semi-attached or attached to other villas with no occupants above or below (only shared walls if attached). Villas commonly have balconies or terraces with fine interior furnishings and appliances. Each villa owner pays monthly into an HOA (Home Owners Association) and in turn the HOA maintains the common areas such as the gardens, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking, etc.
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.