GULF POINTE at VANDERBILT BEACH Information
Gulf Pointe Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
GULF POINTE at VANDERBILT BEACH Photos VANDERBILT BEACH Photos
Built in the early 1980s, Gulf Pointe at Vanderbilt Beach is located less than 1-mile north of the Ritz Carlton Vanderbilt Beach and is situated on Vanderbilt Beach. Gulf Pointe is a security building comprised of three-story building condominiums on the beach with a private pool.
- Gulf Pointe is a timeshare (see timeshare info below).
|Amenities and Features|
- Beachfront Pool
- Tiki Hut
- White sand beach out your door
- The keeping of pets of any kind or description within the residence or property is prohibited.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
- There is no age restriction for occupants of units.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
A timeshare is a property with a particular form of ownership or use rights. These properties are typically resort condominium units, in which multiple parties hold rights to use the property, and each sharer is allotted a period of time (typically one week, and almost always the same time every year) in which they may use the property. Units may be on a partial ownership, lease, or "right to use" basis, in which the sharer holds no claim to ownership of the property.
VANDERBILT BEACH Information
|Location and History|
Vanderbilt Beach is bordered by Bluebill Avenue to the north, Vanderbilt Beach Road to the south, Vanderbilt Drive to the east and the Gulf of Mexico on the west. One of Vanderbilt Beach's founders, J.B. Conners was a road builder from Tampa who developed Vanderbilt Beach by hydraulically dredging a channel from Wiggins Pass to what is now the Vanderbilt Canal and Vanderbilt Bay. It is said that Conners chose the name "Vanderbilt Beach" as a marketing ploy to create an impression of wealth and prestige. Conners began the platting process in 1953 and completed it in 1959. Conners envisioned a deed-restricted community with single and multiple family units, parks and open areas plus easy water access. To preserve his vision, he created the Vanderbilt Beach Property Owners Association in 1968. In the late 1970s, the building boom began with construction of both single-family homes and condominiums for both full and part-time residents. In recent years many planned developments and buildings have been developed. Many of the original homes and cottages have been torn down to make way for larger and more exquisite living areas. While the community has been altered through growth, the Homeowners Association has made every effort to maintain the quiet residential character that Vanderbilt Beach has come to be known.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Vanderbilt Beach consists of various Single Family Homes, Hi-Rise Condominiums and Mid-Rise Condominiums.
- Nearly 100% of the homes in Vanderbilt Beach are on the water.
- Vanderbilt Beach is located approximately 1-mile east of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center.
- Driving to Vanderbilt Beach from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 35-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 95-minutes using "Alligator Alley".
- There is access to the Gulf of Mexico from Vanderbilt Bay with one bridge obstruction.
- Sidewalks, bicycling and walking paths
- The streets are lit at night.
- No matter where you live in Vanderbilt Beach, you are within blocks of a great restaurant. Four and five diamond rated restaurants are on Gulf Shore Boulevard and casual fare surrounds Vanderbilt Beach neighborhoods.
- The Turtle Club and the LaPlaya Beach Resort are both known to have excellent cuisine (links below).
- Vanderbilt Beach has 152 parking spaces. There is additional on-street metered parking with easy handicap accessibility to the beach. Vanderbilt Beach Park has also opened a new 375-space parking garage for public use. There is a $6.00 parking fee at the parking lot or a Beach Parking Permit is required. There are restrooms at the beach plus nearby food concessions and equipment rental (kayaks, paddleboards and beach chairs). Note: Vanderbilt Beach is typically voted as one of the top 25-beaches in the country and was recently voted #5 in US News & World Report's "Most Relaxing Beaches".
Vanderbilt Beach Residents Association
LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort
The Turtle Club
|What is Considered to be a High-Rise Building in Southwest Florida?|
A high-rise building in Southwest Florida is considered to be 8 or more stories although a high-rise building in Naples does not contain more than 22 stories or 265 feet in height. A high-rise building in Southwest Florida mainly contains condominiums and usually has more amenities than a mid-rise or a low-rise building because the space allows it and the clientele demands it. There is often a grand lobby, 24-hour security, pools, tennis and sub-building parking or a separate parking structure all together. There are also sweeping views, which is an obvious byproduct of living on the top floors.
What is Considered to be a Mid-Rise Building in Southwest Florida?
A mid-rise building in Southwest Florida is considered to be between 4 - 7 stories and does not usually exceed 90 feet in height. A mid-rise building may contain condominiums, co-ops and apartments. A mid-rise building may have more amenities than a low-rise building as there are more moving parts such as elevators and sometimes a lobby. Parking for a midrise building is often detached or under carports although sub-building parking is increasing in newer construction.
|La Playa Beach and Golf Resort offers private beach, pools, Tiki bar, restaurants, water sports, jacuzzi, steam room, spa and workout facilities.|
|Vanderbilt Beach Public Access and Public Parking Lot|
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
GULF POINTE at VANDERBILT BEACH Documents
VANDERBILT BEACH Documents
Communities within VANDERBILT BEACH
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email