HERON LAKE at STERLING OAKS Information
Heron Lake Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
HERON LAKE at STERLING OAKS Photos STERLING OAKS Photos
Built in the late 1990s, Heron Lake at Sterling Oaks is located approximately 5-miles north of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center and a similar distance to northeast of Vanderbilt Beach. Heron Lake is a non-gated community within Sterling Oaks comprised of two-story building condominiums on a circle drive surrounding a lake with attached garages and lake/preserve views.
- Various memberships are available to Sterling Oaks's country club, tennis, pool, and other amenities.
- Underground Utilities
- Owners are allowed to keep a reasonable amount small domesticated pets including birds, fish, cats and dogs.
- Four legged pets must be leashed or carried under the owner's arm at all times while on the common areas.
- Each pet owner shall be responsible for the immediate removal and disposal of their pet's excrement.
- No reptiles, amphibians, poultry or livestock may be kept in the unit.
- Pets shall not be left unattended on screened porches, lanais, yards or garages.
- Certain breeds of dogs are prohibited.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
|Leasing / Rental Restrictions|
- A unit owner may lease their unit up to 3 times during any 1 calendar year or any 12 month period.
- No lease shall be for a period of less than 30 days.
- No lease may be for a period of more than 1 year.
- The board may, in its discretion, approve the same lease from year to year.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
- There is no age restriction for occupants of units.
- Guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is present).
- Family and Non-family guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is not present).
- Minors under the age of 18 shall be closely supervised at all times by an adult.
- There are restrictions as to the number of guests allowed to occupy the unit.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
STERLING OAKS Information
Built in the mid 1990s, Sterling Oaks is located approximately 5-miles north of the shopping and restaurants at the Mercato Shopping Center and approximately 4-miles northeast of Delnor-Wiggins Preserve and Beach. Driving to Sterling Oaks from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 35-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 95-minutes using "Alligator Alley". Sterling Oaks is a 24-hour guard gated community comprised of ten sub-communities. Each sub-community has its own style of architecture. Wildcat Cove is the only sub-community that has its own community pool and cabana. Sterling Oaks has amenities such as Tennis, Pool and a Country Club. Please see below for further information and links to Sterling Oaks and its sub-communities.
- Sterling Oaks is a Deed Restricted neighborhood (see definition below).
- The 12 Har-Tru tennis courts are professionally groomed and watered from underground.
- 10 of the 12 Har-Tru tennis courts are lighted for evening play.
- There are shaded seating areas with refrigerated fountain water between each court.
- Large pool area with great sun exposure.
- Non-residents can join the tennis club and have access to all of the amenities.
- All residents have access to the amenities near the clubhouse. Residents can choose to join the tennis club, which is separate.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Sterling Oaks sits atop 100-acres of land and is set amid multiple lakes.
- Sterling Oaks is situated on the western edge of North Naples bordering near Bonita Springs.
- Attached Villas
- Carriage Homes
- Courtyard Homes
- Single Family Homes
- Sterling Oaks residents enjoy full access to the 10,000 square foot clubhouse for casual dining and scheduled activities, a fully equipped fitness center with locker rooms and saunas, a junior Olympic-sized, heated swimming pool with hot tub and large sun deck for lounging and gathering at the Cabana Bar and Grill.
- The Oak Room at Sterling Oaks features a regular menu of delicious, healthy, local, cuisine and an additional menu of specials that change weekly. The Oak Room is open Friday nights from 5-8 pm for Dinner and from 5-7 pm for Happy Hour. Live entertainment is offered several times per month.
- The Cabana Grille and Bar is a poolside grill with tropical cocktails, salads, wraps and sandwiches. The Cabana Grille also features the Catch of the Day and various daily specials that emphasize creative, light fare.
- There is no golf in Sterling Oaks but directly across the street is the Audubon Country Club. The Audubon Country Club is an 18 hole, Joe Lee designed golf course that provides a variety of competitive levels.
- The golf course is a par 72 and plays 6,719 yards from the tips.
- There is a driving range, practice green and PGA accredited staff/pro to help with swing instruction and golf course management.
- There is a practice area consisting of large putting greens, chipping greens and practice bunkers.
- Non-resident memberships are available.
- There are twelve state-of-the-art, Har-Tru courts at the Sterling Oaks tennis complex. Ten of the courts are lit for nighttime play and the spectator court draws a crowd for tournaments and special events throughout the year. The on-site tennis pro is available for lessons whether one is a seasoned player or just beginning. The Tennis Pro Shop offers apparel & accessories plus the ability to restring or re-grip ones racquet.
- Take a dip or participate in the free pool exercise classes in the 130,000 gallon Junior Olympic-sized swimming pool which is heated to 85 degrees year round. There is a hot tub and lounge on the grand sun deck. Beverages and grilled food is available at the poolside Cabana Grille & Bar. Mens and womens locker rooms complete with showers and sauna are available in the clubhouse.
- Fully equipped Fitness Center located in the garden level of the clubhouse. The gym includes free weights and benches, treadmills, stationary bikes, elliptical machines, leg extension/curl, multi-press, vertical row/lat pull down, pectoral fly/rear deltoid, dual pulley, mats, exercise balls and much more. Classes available seasonally. Members are welcome to work with their own personal trainers. Open 4:30am through 10:00pm daily
- Bocce Ball league play begins every January. Two new bocce courts were recently installed at the club and are available for both scheduled, league and casual play.
- The Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park is only 4-miles away. The beach park is 166-acres in size and has a 1-mile long beach. There are restrooms and showers at the beach plus food concessions and equipment rental (kayaks, paddleboards, scuba, beach chairs and umbrellas). There are 5-parking lots connected by trails and boardwalks. There is a boat ramp that feeds into Turkey Bay, which is where the Cocohatchee River meets the Gulf of Mexico. The docks at the boat ramp are disability accessible.
Sterling Oaks Home Owners Association
The Club at Sterling Oaks
|What is the Difference between an Apartment and a Condominium?|
Condominiums are usually attached to one another similar to apartment units. The difference between an apartment and a condominium is that a condominium owner owns the unit and shares ownership of common areas with other condominium owners such as the clubhouse, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking lots, etc. Apartments on the other hand are not for sale; one must pay monthly rent to the landlord aka owner of the apartment building. As a condominium owner, you are a member of an HOA (Homeowners Association) and pay a monthly fee to the association in exchange for maintenance of the common areas.
What is a Villa?
Real Estate agents in Southwest Florida use the word VILLA to describe luxury residences that are either rented or bought as a seasonal vacation homes or permanent residences. A villa is a privately owned unit that is unattached, semi-attached or attached to other villas with no occupants above or below (only shared walls if attached). Villas commonly have balconies or terraces with fine interior furnishings and appliances. Each villa owner pays monthly into an HOA (Home Owners Association) and in turn the HOA maintains the common areas such as the gardens, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking, etc.
What is a Single Family Home?
Unlike an Apartment, Condo or Townhome, a Single Family Home does not share a common wall with another home and are most commonly free-standing residential buildings. A Single Family Home is often occupied by one family. There are instances when a basement or mother-in-law suite may be rented in a Single Family Home, but that is not enough to change the homes classification to a Multi-Family Home. Lots (yards) are often larger than the structure which is owned by the homeowner and is the responsibility of the homeowner to maintain unless there is an HOA (Homeowners Associations) responsible for upkeep.
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
HERON LAKE at STERLING OAKS Documents
STERLING OAKS Documents
Communities within STERLING OAKS
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email