REEF CLUB at COQUINA SANDS Information
Reef Club Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
REEF CLUB at COQUINA SANDS Photos COQUINA SANDS Photos
Built in the late 1960s, the Reef Club at Coquina Sands is situated directly across the street from the white sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico. The Reef Club at Coquina Sands is located approximately 1-mile north of the shopping and restaurants at the 5th Avenue shops in Olde Naples and approximately 700-yards north of The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club. The Reef Club is a secure building within Coquina Sands comprised of two-story building condominiums on a canal with covered parking, pavered driveway, community pool, underground utilities, screened lanais, flat roof (modified bitumen roof) with canal views. One bridge obstruction to the Gulf of Mexico. The Reef Club is comprised of Cooperative Units. For more information on Cooperative Units please see (below).
- Deeded beach access (nearby)
- 14-unit building
- Skip Trowel ceilings
- The pool has good sun exposure
|Amenities and Features|
- Community Pool
- Sundeck with pool furnishings and chairs
- Boat Docks
- Across the street from the Gulf of Mexico
- Located on Hurricane Harbor
- One bridge obstruction to the Gulf of Mexico
|Leasing / Rental Restrictions|
- Leasing is prohibited.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
- There are age restrictions for occupants of units.
- Minors under the age of 18 shall be closely supervised at all times by an adult.
- Guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is present).
- Family and Non-family guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is not present).
- There are restrictions as to the number of guests allowed to occupy the unit.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
|What is a Cooperative (Co-Op)?|
In a co-op, one does not own a unit. One owns a share of stock in a corporation which owns (or leases) the land and buildings which allow you to lease an apartment or unit for as long as you own the stock. You are very limited on what you can do to the interior of your unit, but you don't have to worry about maintenance. In a co-op, if the furnace goes out, the co-ops maintenance crew will fix the problem. Co-ops are run by a Board of Directors. The Board of Directors not only collects monthly maintenance fees and uses it to maintain the property; they also decide who can live in the co-op by deciding who can buy stock. A share of stock cannot be mortgaged, but it can be pledged as security for a loan, and the loan is sometimes referred to as a mortgage. Some lending institutions do make loans on cooperative units, although a larger down payment may be required, and the interest rate may be higher than on a real estate mortgage.
Some Notes about Co-ops in Collier County:
In Collier County there are still about 35 residential cooperatives. There were about 100 residential cooperatives at one time in Collier County, most of them created in the early 1960's, before the first laws recognizing a condominium form of ownership. Since that time, condominiums have become the more predominant form of multi-family residential development in Florida.
The financial soundness of a co-op is reflected in the exceeding low number of foreclosures and short sales of these units. The total number of cooperatives in Florida are gradually shrinking because one-by-one the existing cooperatives are being converted to condominiums. New cooperatives are not being built in Southwest Florida.
What is a Boat Slip Lease?
A Boat Slip Lease means that a boat slip can be leased from the Home Owners Association of a property but most often a lease must be made by a property owner from within the building our community. Besides having a place to dock your boat a leased boat slip can increase the value of your property as well as attract more renters if your HOA approves units to be leased. Maintenance is usually handled by the HOA (Home Owners Association), but maintenance conditions may vary.
COQUINA SANDS Information
Coquina Sands is a subdivision on the Gulf of Mexico located between Old Naples and The Moorings. Coquina Sands was established in 1954 and is known as the home of the Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Resort. The Naples Beach Hotel has a conveniently located public golf course and beautiful resort amenities. Coquina Sands is also known for Lowdermilk Beach Park and its white sandy beaches and warm tropical waters. Lowdermilk Beach has amenities such as permit parking for residents, concession stand, sand volleyball courts, two children's playgrounds, restroom and shower facilities, plus two gazebos for rent.
If you live in Coquina Sands, you either live in a waterside condominium on the beach or have a spacious home nestled just blocks from the beach. Coquina Sands is located approximately 1-mile north of the shopping and restaurants at the 5th Avenue shops in Olde Naples and less than 1-mile east of the Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens. Driving to Coquina Sands from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 40-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 1-hour 45-minutes using "Alligator Alley".
Etymology: The term "coquina" is derived from the Spanish word for "cockleshells" or "shellfish".
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Coquina Sands sits atop hundreds of acres of land and surrounding waterways.
- Coquina Sands is a subdivision that has a combination of single family homes and waterside condominiums.
- Within Coquina Sands is the Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club. The club is open to the public and welcomes resort guests, locals and visitors to the area to experience the golf, tennis and dinning experience offered by a top rated club.
- The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club is the centerpiece of Coquina Sands and therefore is the go-to default for spa services, dinning and golf for locals.
- Some portions of Coquina Sands are on the beach or have canal access to the Gulf of Mexico through Hurricane Harbor with only one bridge obstruction.
- Highly regarded private and public schools nearby.
- The streets are lit at night.
- There is no main Clubhouse or Pool in Coquina Sands but nearly every condominium and private residence has there own pool.
- The Naples Beach Golf Club has a clubhouses located across the street from the white sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico and is home to a Golf Pro Shop, Fitness Center, Spa and Dining + Banquet Facilities.
- There are public restaurants that surround Coquina Sands, but if you want to eat within walking distance there are a few choices at the Naples Beach Hotel and Clubhouse such as:
- HB's On the Gulf (Beachfront Restaurant).
- Sunset Beach Bar & Grill (Open-air bar and grill on the beach).
- Broadwell's (Course-side bar and grill at the Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club).
- The Seminole Store (Casual eatery and general store off the main lobby of the Naples Beach Hotel).
- Lobby Bar (Indoor and outdoor seating by the main lobby of the Naples Beach Hotel).
- There are Holiday Buffets, Easter, Mother's Day and Thanksgiving Events open to the public.
- The 18 hole, par 72, Ron Garl designed Naples Beach Golf Course provides a variety of competitive levels.
- The Pro Shop offers the latest in Golf Apparel and accessories.
- Originally constructed in the 1920's, this course is the host of the South Florida PGA Open, the Florida State Senior's Open Championship and many other state and national association events.
- The course features well-kept greens, wide fairways, sand traps and water.
- The Mary C. Watkins Tennis Center is open to Coquina Sands residents with court reservations (pay per play). There are six Har-Tru tennis courts with plenty of tennis activity for players of all skill levels.
- Accredited Tennis Pro and the use of an automatic tennis ball machine are available to help improve your skills.
- The tennis courts have green windscreens to provide a solid background for optimum vision and playability.
- There is no Community Pool at Coquina Sands.
- There are pools associated with nearly every condominium and private home in Coquina Sands that are solely for the use of the individual condominium association and its homeowners.
- The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club has a fitness center that is located in the main clubhouse with accredited trainers for one-on-one instruction.
- The Fitness Center has state-of-the-art fitness equipment, including cardiovascular, strength machines, free weights and a designated stretching area.
- Within the facility are men's and women's locker rooms with showers.
- Yoga and Pilates classes are held in the spacious group exercise studio.
- The Day Spa offers an array services to help achieve a balanced mind and body. Various styles of massages and facial treatments are available to members and their guests.
- Areas of Coquina Sands are on the beach or located on Hurricane Harbor and have gulf access with one bridge obstruction to the Gulf of Mexico.
- Many condominiums have their own access to the beach and private homes have deeded beach access through various deeded inlets from Gulf Shore Boulevard to the white sandy beaches of then Gulf of Mexico.
- Coquina Sands is also home to Lowdermilk Beach Park. The beach park offers 1,000 feet of white sand beaches and has public and permit parking (approximately 125 spaces), picnic tables, playground for kids, volleyball court, and a duck pond. There are restrooms available with outdoor showers and a handicapped beach wheelchair ramp. The beach is open from 8:00 am to sundown.
|Amenities & Activities|
- Coquina Sands has a wide variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Beach Events
- Cocktail Parties
- Community BBQ's
- The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club is open to the public with various pay-per-play programs.
Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
|What is Deeded Beach Access?|
Deeded Beach Access means that a deed (agreement) specifically grants the public beach access via a right of way or a dedicated walkway between 2-shoreline properties. Deeded Beach Access is a nice amenity for those who own properties across the street from a developed shoreline allowing them beach access without passing through private property.
What is Considered to be a Low-Rise Building in Southwest Florida?
A low rise building in Southwest Florida is considered to be between 1 - 3 stories and does not usually exceed 40 feet in height. A low-rise building may contain condominiums, villas, co-ops, townhomes and even coach homes. A low-rise building sometimes offers more privacy but may have fewer amenities. Parking for low-rise buildings is more commonly uncovered or uses carports that are detached from the building although with newer construction there are many exceptions.
What is Considered to be a Mid-Rise Building in Southwest Florida?
A mid-rise building in Southwest Florida is considered to be between 4 - 7 stories and does not usually exceed 90 feet in height. A mid-rise building may contain condominiums, co-ops and apartments. A mid-rise building may have more amenities than a low-rise building as there are more moving parts such as elevators and sometimes a lobby. Parking for a midrise building is often detached or under carports although sub-building parking is increasing in newer construction.
What is Considered to be a High-Rise Building in Southwest Florida?
A high-rise building in Southwest Florida is considered to be 8 or more stories although a high-rise building in Naples does not contain more than 22 stories or 265 feet in height. A high-rise building in Southwest Florida mainly contains condominiums and usually has more amenities than a mid-rise or a low-rise building because the space allows it and the clientele demands it. There is often a grand lobby, 24-hour security, pools, tennis and sub-building parking or a separate parking structure all together. There are also sweeping views, which is an obvious byproduct of living on the top floors.
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
REEF CLUB at COQUINA SANDS Documents
COQUINA SANDS Documents
Communities within COQUINA SANDS
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email