Built in the late 1960's, Buccaneer Inn at Moorings is located approximately 2-miles north of the shopping and restaurants of 5th Avenue in Olde Naples and 1-block north of the Coastland Shopping Center. The Buccaneer is a commercial condo within an operating hotel (condotel) and there are many stipulations such as; the owner can not live in the unit annually. Details in the "attached" Buccaneer Inn Bylaws.
- The residents of Buccaneer Inn have access to Moorings beach facilities and other amenities.
- Buccaneer Inn is comprised of condo-tel units (see definition below).
- Sidewalks, bicycling and walking paths
- The streets are lit at night.
- Large area for poolside lounging
- The pool has good sun exposure
|Amenities and Features|
- Heated Community Pool
- Sundeck with pool furnishings and chairs
- Cabana facilities
- Tiki Hut
- Lush Landscaping
- Underground Utilities
- The keeping of pets of any kind or description within the Condominium is prohibited except with written consent by the Board of Directors.
|Leasing / Rental Restrictions|
- All leases must be approved by the Associations Board of Directors or its designee.
- No lease shall be for a period of less than 7 days.
- No lease may be for a period of more than 1 year.
- The board may, in its discretion, approve the same lease from year to year.
- No subleasing or assignment of lease rights by the lessee is allowed.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
- There is no age restriction for occupants of units.
- Minors under the age of 18 shall be closely supervised at all times by an adult.
- Guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is present).
- Family and Non-family guests may occupy the unit with limitations (when the owner is not present).
- There are restrictions as to the number of guests allowed to occupy the unit.
- See Use Restrictions for details.
|What is a Condo-tel?|
A Condo Hotel (Condo-tel), also known as a "Hotel-condo" or a "Contel" is a condominium/hotel that is operated as a hotel with a registration desk, cleaning service and more. The units are either owned by the hotel or individually owned. Unit owners also have the option to place their unit in the hotels rental program where it is rented out like any other hotel room.
What is Considered to be a Low-Rise Building in Southwest Florida?
A low rise building in Southwest Florida is considered to be between 1 - 3 stories and does not usually exceed 40 feet in height. A low-rise building may contain condominiums, villas, co-ops, townhomes and even coach homes. A low-rise building sometimes offers more privacy but may have fewer amenities. Parking for low-rise buildings is more commonly uncovered or uses carports that are detached from the building although with newer construction there are many exceptions.
What is a Modified Bitumen Roof?
A Modified Bitumen Roof is applied by using a torch to the back of a rubber-like membrane and melted into the roofs base ply. A Modified Bitumen Roof is often used on commercial buildings and mid-rise condominiums. It has a light-colored mineral surface that reflects heat and cuts energy bills. A typical Modified Bitumen Roof lasts approximately 10-20 years.
Established in the 1950s, Moorings is situated directly on the white sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico and stretches east to US 41. The north boarder of Moorings is located at Binnacle Drive and the southern boarder runs just south of Spring Line Drive. Moorings is situated between Park Shore and Coquina Sands and is a subdivision within the city of Naples with it's own homeowners association. Driving to Moorings from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 30-40 minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 90-100 minutes using "Alligator Alley". Moorings is a non-gated community. Comprised of several neighborhoods, Moorings has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. Most private residences and condominiums have a pool and all residents have access to Moorings Beach Club and access to membership of the Moorings Golf and Country Club. Please see below for further information and links to Moorings and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Moorings sits atop 730-acres of land excluding lakes and waterways.
- There are approximately 875-single family homes and 82-condo buildings totaling over 4,000 residential units.
- The Moorings Property Owners Association (MPOA) is a voluntary homeowners association located within the city of Naples, Florida. Any owner of real (residential) property within the Moorings boundaries are eligible for membership upon compliance with the formalities of the Board of Governors.
- MPOA Membership Benefits include: Exclusive beach parking privileges and convenient access to the beach, ability to sponsor and host parties and events with the exclusive use of the Moorings Beach Chickee Hut, news and updates on topics affecting our the Moorings neighborhood and the City of Naples and membership opportunities to The Moorings Country Club.
- Beach and Golf memberships available to residents.
- Homes and condos on Moorings Bay have access to the Gulf of Mexico with no bridge obstructions.
- Sidewalks, bicycling and walking paths.
- Underground Utilities
- Highly regarded private and public schools nearby.
- The streets are lit at night.
- Buildings in Moorings are 8 stories or less.
- Members of The Moorings Country Club have access to their clubhouse and dinning.
- Members of the Moorings Property Owners Association (MPOA) have access to the beach Chickee Hut and restrooms.
- Various community rooms and clubhouses are included in most mid-rise and high-rise condominiums.
- There are many popular public restaurants surrounding Moorings.
- Members of the Moorings Country Club have access to the main dining room which serves lunch and dinner plus a well known Sunday Champagne Buffet Brunch. The main dining room is also used for special events such as holiday gatherings, parties, annual golf tournaments and events.
- Members of the Moorings Country Club enjoy an 18-hole, Gordon Lewis designed golf course. The course is 3,568 yards from the tips and provides a variety of competitive levels for men and women.
- The par 63 golf course offers 9 Par 3's and 9 Par 4's, which allows members and guests of members to enjoy playing in 3 hours or less.
- There is no driving range but there is a practice putting green.
- The 1,600 square foot Pro Shop offers the latest in Golf Apparel and accessories and offers a summer reciprocal program.
- Golfers may ride for comfort or walk for exercise.
- There are tennis courts within many condominium communities that are solely for the use of the association owners and their guests.
- There is no Community Pool at Moorings.
- There are private pools in neighborhood communities and condominiums that are solely for the use of the association owners and their guests.
- There is no exercise facility in Moorings but there are two public faculties bordering Moorings on US 41: "All 4 Fitness" and "Curves".
- Parts of Moorings are on a bay and canal with gulf access and a maximum of one bridge obstruction to the Gulf of Mexico.
- The Moorings Beach Club is community owned and accessible to all members of The Moorings Property Owners Association(MPOA)
- Exclusive beach parking privileges with easy and convenient access to the beach
- Sponsor, host or attend parties and events at the Moorings Beach Chickee Hut.
- Men's and Women's Restrooms.
|Amenities & Activities|
- Moorings has a wide variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Annual Balls and Holiday Events
- Beach Events
- Cocktail Parties
- Community BBQ's
- Field Trips
- Any owner of real (residential) property within the boundaries of the area known as The Moorings, City of Naples, Florida are eligible for membership upon compliance with the formalities of the Board of Governors.
- For more detailed membership information, please click here: Moorings MPOA Membership Website.
- For those interested in more detailed membership to The Moorings Country Club, please click here: The Moorings Country Club Membership Website.
|GOLD Membership Beach Sticker|
- Gold Memberships have been available for many years to residents donating $1,000 or more to the MPOA. Once you become a GOLD member, paying annual dues is no longer necessary. Additionally GOLD members will receive a gold-colored beach sticker for their car. The donation of $1,000 or more will be used for the ongoing maintenance and beautification of the Moorings Beach Park.
Moorings Homeowners Association
Moorings Country Club
Gulf Shore Association
The Venetian Village Shopping
The Waterside Shops
The Arts in Naples
|What is Deeded Beach Access?|
Deeded Beach Access means that a deed (agreement) specifically grants the public beach access via a right of way or a dedicated walkway between 2-shoreline properties. Deeded Beach Access is a nice amenity for those who own properties across the street from a developed shoreline allowing them beach access without passing through private property.
What is a Deeded Boat Slip?
A Deeded Boat Slip means that a boat slip can be purchased, but most often a purchase must be made by a property owner from within the building our community. Besides having a place to dock your boat a Deeded Boat Slip can increase the value of your property. Maintenance is usually handled by the HOA (Home Owners Association), but maintenance conditions may vary.
What is a Boat Slip Lease?
A Boat Slip Lease means that a boat slip can be leased from the Home Owners Association of a property but most often a lease must be made by a property owner from within the building our community. Besides having a place to dock your boat a leased boat slip can increase the value of your property as well as attract more renters if your HOA approves units to be leased. Maintenance is usually handled by the HOA (Home Owners Association), but maintenance conditions may vary.
|Moorings Country Club|
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.