Established in the 1950s, Moorings is situated directly on the white sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico and stretches east to US 41. The north boarder of Moorings is located at Binnacle Drive and the southern boarder runs just south of Spring Line Drive. Moorings is situated between Park Shore and Coquina Sands and is a subdivision within the city of Naples with it's own homeowners association. Driving to Moorings from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 30-40 minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 90-100 minutes using "Alligator Alley". Moorings is a non-gated community. Comprised of several neighborhoods, Moorings has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. Most private residences and condominiums have a pool and all residents have access to Moorings Beach Club and access to membership of the Moorings Golf and Country Club. Please see below for further information and links to Moorings and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Moorings sits atop 730-acres of land excluding lakes and waterways.
- There are approximately 875-single family homes and 82-condo buildings totaling over 4,000 residential units.
- The Moorings Property Owners Association (MPOA) is a voluntary homeowners association located within the city of Naples, Florida. Any owner of real (residential) property within the Moorings boundaries are eligible for membership upon compliance with the formalities of the Board of Governors.
- MPOA Membership Benefits include: Exclusive beach parking privileges and convenient access to the beach, ability to sponsor and host parties and events with the exclusive use of the Moorings Beach Chickee Hut, news and updates on topics affecting our the Moorings neighborhood and the City of Naples and membership opportunities to The Moorings Country Club.
- Beach and Golf memberships available to residents.
- Homes and condos on Moorings Bay have access to the Gulf of Mexico with no bridge obstructions.
- Sidewalks, bicycling and walking paths.
- Underground Utilities
- Highly regarded private and public schools nearby.
- The streets are lit at night.
- Buildings in Moorings are 8 stories or less.
- Members of The Moorings Country Club have access to their clubhouse and dinning.
- Members of the Moorings Property Owners Association (MPOA) have access to the beach Chickee Hut and restrooms.
- Various community rooms and clubhouses are included in most mid-rise and high-rise condominiums.
- There are many popular public restaurants surrounding Moorings.
- Members of the Moorings Country Club have access to the main dining room which serves lunch and dinner plus a well known Sunday Champagne Buffet Brunch. The main dining room is also used for special events such as holiday gatherings, parties, annual golf tournaments and events.
- Members of the Moorings Country Club enjoy an 18-hole, Gordon Lewis designed golf course. The course is 3,568 yards from the tips and provides a variety of competitive levels for men and women.
- The par 63 golf course offers 9 Par 3's and 9 Par 4's, which allows members and guests of members to enjoy playing in 3 hours or less.
- There is no driving range but there is a practice putting green.
- The 1,600 square foot Pro Shop offers the latest in Golf Apparel and accessories and offers a summer reciprocal program.
- Golfers may ride for comfort or walk for exercise.
- There are tennis courts within many condominium communities that are solely for the use of the association owners and their guests.
- There is no Community Pool at Moorings.
- There are private pools in neighborhood communities and condominiums that are solely for the use of the association owners and their guests.
- There is no exercise facility in Moorings but there are two public faculties bordering Moorings on US 41: "All 4 Fitness" and "Curves".
- Parts of Moorings are on a bay and canal with gulf access and a maximum of one bridge obstruction to the Gulf of Mexico.
- The Moorings Beach Club is community owned and accessible to all members of The Moorings Property Owners Association(MPOA)
- Exclusive beach parking privileges with easy and convenient access to the beach
- Sponsor, host or attend parties and events at the Moorings Beach Chickee Hut.
- Men's and Women's Restrooms.
|Amenities & Activities|
- Moorings has a wide variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Annual Balls and Holiday Events
- Beach Events
- Cocktail Parties
- Community BBQ's
- Field Trips
- Any owner of real (residential) property within the boundaries of the area known as The Moorings, City of Naples, Florida are eligible for membership upon compliance with the formalities of the Board of Governors.
- For more detailed membership information, please click here: Moorings MPOA Membership Website.
- For those interested in more detailed membership to The Moorings Country Club, please click here: The Moorings Country Club Membership Website.
|GOLD Membership Beach Sticker|
- Gold Memberships have been available for many years to residents donating $1,000 or more to the MPOA. Once you become a GOLD member, paying annual dues is no longer necessary. Additionally GOLD members will receive a gold-colored beach sticker for their car. The donation of $1,000 or more will be used for the ongoing maintenance and beautification of the Moorings Beach Park.
Moorings Homeowners Association
Moorings Country Club
Gulf Shore Association
The Venetian Village Shopping
The Waterside Shops
The Arts in Naples
|What is Deeded Beach Access?|
Deeded Beach Access means that a deed (agreement) specifically grants the public beach access via a right of way or a dedicated walkway between 2-shoreline properties. Deeded Beach Access is a nice amenity for those who own properties across the street from a developed shoreline allowing them beach access without passing through private property.
What is a Deeded Boat Slip?
A Deeded Boat Slip means that a boat slip can be purchased, but most often a purchase must be made by a property owner from within the building our community. Besides having a place to dock your boat a Deeded Boat Slip can increase the value of your property. Maintenance is usually handled by the HOA (Home Owners Association), but maintenance conditions may vary.
What is a Boat Slip Lease?
A Boat Slip Lease means that a boat slip can be leased from the Home Owners Association of a property but most often a lease must be made by a property owner from within the building our community. Besides having a place to dock your boat a leased boat slip can increase the value of your property as well as attract more renters if your HOA approves units to be leased. Maintenance is usually handled by the HOA (Home Owners Association), but maintenance conditions may vary.
|Moorings Country Club|
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.