BERKSHIRE LAKES Information
Berkshire Lakes Community Property For Sale Pending Property Property For Rent
BERKSHIRE LAKES Photos
Built in the late 1980s, Berkshire Lakes is located approximately 4-miles east of the shopping and restaurants at the 5th Avenue shops in Olde Naples and approximately 5-miles east of Naples Beach. Driving to Berkshire Lakes from the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) takes approximately 30-minutes and driving to Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 90-minutes using "Alligator Alley". The east side of Berkshire Lakes has a 24-hour guard gated entry. The west portion of the community is non-gated. Comprised of ten sub-communities, Berkshire Lakes has multiple floor plans and architectural styles. Berkshire Lakes has amenities such as Tennis, Pool and a Clubhouse. Please see below for further information and links to Berkshire Lakes and its sub-communities.
|Property and Home Style(s)|
- Berkshire Lakes sits atop hundreds of acres of land and is set amid eight lakes.
- Attached Villas
- Coach Homes
- Single Family Homes
- There is no golf, dining or main community fitness center at Berkshire Lakes.
- Berkshire Lakes is a community of 1,639 units comprised of 659 single family homes and 980 units of condominiums, villas and coach homes.
- Many miles of sidewalks and walking paths.
- Underground Utilities
- The community pools have spacious sundecks with pool furnishings and good sun exposure.
- The Berkshire Lakes Clubhouse is the central meeting place for many social events and club meetings. The clubhouse includes an event kitchen and pool.
- Other than special events, there is no Dining at Berkshire Lakes.
- Berkshire Lakes has 2-hard-court tennis courts with plenty of tennis activity for players of all skill levels.
- Large outdoor heated pool with pavered pool deck and spa.
- Pool has lanes designated for swimming laps.
- Shallow area for children's play.
- Pool is geo-thermal heated
- Pool has lounge chairs and tables
- Pool restrooms and drinking fountain
- Pool is lakeside
- Each sub-community has their own pool and some have a clubhouse as well.
- Berkshire Lakes has a wide variety of social activities, clubs and events for its members and residents. Member Clubs provide a time and place to join others in a favorite skill or hobby. Club Events and Amenities include:
- Annual Balls and Holliday Events
- Comedy Nights
- Community BBQ's
- Field Trips
Ability Management Inc.
6736 Lone Oak Blvd.
Naples, Fl 34109-6834
|What is a Villa?|
Real Estate agents in Southwest Florida use the word VILLA to describe luxury residences that are either rented or bought as a seasonal vacation homes or permanent residences. A villa is a privately owned unit that is unattached, semi-attached or attached to other villas with no occupants above or below (only shared walls if attached). Villas commonly have balconies or terraces with fine interior furnishings and appliances. Each villa owner pays monthly into an HOA (Home Owners Association) and in turn the HOA maintains the common areas such as the gardens, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking, etc.
What is a Coach Home?
The term Coach Home is a builders term from the Midwest used to describe a specifically shaped 4-unit, 2-story building with the garages placed in front of the living area. This 4-unit design creates a horseshoe shaped structure when viewing from above. Coach Homes vary in size and units but in Southwest Florida the standard Coach Home has four units (2-downstairs and 2-upstairs). Each unit has a two car garage (sometimes 1-car) and the second floor units either have an elevator or a side entrance. There is such a thing as a 6-unit Coach Home or a 8-unit and even a 10-unit Coach Home. It's just that the 4-unit Coach Homes are more prevalent. All Coach Homes have a patio lanai for the lower units and a balcony lanai for the second floor units.
What is the Difference between an Apartment and a Condominium?
Condominiums are usually attached to one another similar to apartment units. The difference between an apartment and a condominium is that a condominium owner owns the unit and shares ownership of common areas with other condominium owners such as the clubhouse, pools, elevators, stairwells, parking lots, etc. Apartments on the other hand are not for sale; one must pay monthly rent to the landlord aka owner of the apartment building. As a condominium owner, you are a member of an HOA (Homeowners Association) and pay a monthly fee to the association in exchange for maintenance of the common areas.
What is a Single Family Home?
Unlike an Apartment, Condo or Townhome, a Single Family Home does not share a common wall with another home and are most commonly free-standing residential buildings. A Single Family Home is often occupied by one family. There are instances when a basement or mother-in-law suite may be rented in a Single Family Home, but that is not enough to change the homes classification to a Multi-Family Home. Lots (yards) are often larger than the structure which is owned by the homeowner and is the responsibility of the homeowner to maintain unless there is an HOA (Homeowners Associations) responsible for upkeep.
The following information and douments are not guaranteed to be complete or accurate. It is provided as a guide and the information and documents should be verified.
Bylaws were derived from the county website. Amendments to the bylaws for Naples are currently not present after Jan 1. 2013.
BERKSHIRE LAKES Documents
Communities within BERKSHIRE LAKES
Fort Myers Beach
North Fort Myers
St James City
is deemed accurate but not guaranteed
Listing and sales information are from the Greater Fort Myers and the Beach MLS.
Listings and sales listed on this website may not necessarily be those of Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Sun Coast Global, Inc.
Andrew B. Kovacic, Florida licensed Real Estate Broker
422 NE 2nd Pl. #205, Cape Coral, Fl. 33909
Office Phone: 239-961-9199
Webmaster: Andrew Kovacic
Send me an email